I-94 with form I-485

GGGRR

Registered Users (C)
Hi, there,

I am new to this forum and found it is very helpful. I am encouraged to apply GC myself without any attorney's help.

I am confused about the I-94 #, which is requested on the first page of I-485, next to the column of the Date of Last Arrival, my question is

Which I-94 number I should fill in, the one that I received after I was granted asylum? or the one with my last arrival in the US?

Thank you very much! Any help is highly appreciated.

Yes, the one that came with the grant of asylum.
If you lost it a copy of the grand of asylum would be good also.
Best Luck

Hmm... what happens if we never got new I-94s when we were granted asylum? We got ours through IJ (twice) and then BIA (concurred with IJ 2nd time around). After we got BIA decision (3.5 yrs ago), we didn't receive anything else :(

We are sending our I-485 on Monday and will include copies of BIA decision and IJ's orders (given to us on the day of the hearing). Will that be enough or is there some sort of a formal letter from IJ that we need to get?

Thank you very much! Themen. That is very helpful and very clear. I do highly appreciate it.

Rusdude, I hope some guru in this forum can help you with this. I thought it always accompanied with a new I-94. If your case is special and it is according to the USCIS' rule, you may not need to worry about it.

Good luck to both of you.

Hmm... what happens if we never got new I-94s when we were granted asylum? We got ours through IJ (twice) and then BIA (concurred with IJ 2nd time around). After we got BIA decision (3.5 yrs ago), we didn't receive anything else :(

We are sending our I-485 on Monday and will include copies of BIA decision and IJ's orders (given to us on the day of the hearing). Will that be enough or is there some sort of a formal letter from IJ that we need to get?

I got my asylum Jan 2007. After waiting 30 days for USCIS to appeal, we thought we would get a letter for our I-94. We waited one more month and nothing happened. I started researching the USCIS website and I managed to find a document about Post Asylum procedures. It said to make an Infopass appointment for the I-94, which I did. Went to the infopass and was informed the file has still not come to them from the court,(funny thing, the court is just three floor up. I was about to volunteer to go the court myself and get the file for them) but the nice lady told me the she will put an expidite request. A month later, got a letter to come pick our I-94. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: