I 94 TN expiry date date incorrect vs TN stamp

vik433

Hi All,

I received my TN visa for 3 years this week at the POE. The TN stamp says valid till 2025 but when i pulled I 94 record it shows Admit only date till Sep 2022. I was not able to verify at the POE when they issued TN visa as they dont give I 94 physical paper card anymore and you can only check and print I 94 online.

Please advise what should I do in this case?

Thanks,

Vik

Last edited:
You could either
(1) ask for an new I-94 next time you cross (before September), or
(2) seek a local CBP office for "deferred Inspection" to correct the error.

This is happening more and more due to automation.

Hi Nelsona,

Thanks for the response. I have one follow up question- Would I be in legal status on TN in case I dont leave the US before Sep 2022 and stay here after that without any correction as my stamp says TN valid till 2025 or I have to go by I 94 validity? and also my employer asking me for valid i 94 for 3 years- how should I should i handle that. I got stamped in NY and came back to california(job location).
- Does the I-94 expiry date need to match with TN visa date?
- Do i need to go back same POE to correct it? The same POE does not have have email or fax to contact them. Moreover I am in california and POE is in NY.

Thanks for your response. I have been on TN for last couple of years as they used to give physical I-94 and this time its different situation as I was not able to verify on the spot ( never imaged they can make mistake)

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Vik

Call the deferred inspection office local to you and it will most likely be resolved on the phone.

After that you can check online, you should see new i94 dates and you can give that to your employer.

The I-94 is authoritative. The entry stamp on your passport is not. You should get the I-94 corrected.

As I implied, by not getting new I-94 before September, you will be out of status. But why else would I have mentioned this point?