I-94 lost and now travelling to India

asker123

Hi all,

My husband is on L1 and my son on L2. We lost all their documents in car theft. Now we have applied for a new passport and are awaiting for the same. Can we now travel to India without valid I-94 and valid visa documents? My husband's company has applied for new visa and will send us the same before our visa appointment in India. So coming back with stamping
should not be a problem.

WIll they ask for visa or I-94 in airport before departure? Is it enough to show them the copy of I-94 and copies of our visa and police report ?

Please guide us with this.
Thanks

Leaving the US does not entail you going through US Immigration, they are only interested that you can enter the country you are going to.

Same here

asker123 said:
Hi all,

My husband is on L1 and my son on L2. We lost all their documents in car theft. Now we have applied for a new passport and are awaiting for the same. Can we now travel to India without valid I-94 and valid visa documents? My husband's company has applied for new visa and will send us the same before our visa appointment in India. So coming back with stamping
should not be a problem.

WIll they ask for visa or I-94 in airport before departure? Is it enough to show them the copy of I-94 and copies of our visa and police report ?

Please guide us with this.
Thanks

Our passports were also stolen from our car. We are in the same boat. Please let us know, if you learn anything new and your experiences before, during and after the travel and the visa stamping.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
did you file a police report, reporting the theft of the passport and I94, thats important, also you should apply for a replacement I94 cos its important that all your exits from the US are documented on UCSIS records. In any case you'll be given a new one when you re returning into the US from your trip, but its always better to dot your i's and cross your t's.

Thanks to all for the reply.
Yeah we have lodged complaint with local police and have received the reports. We even applied for new passports and received them. Re issuing of I-94 will take more than 3 months and we have to leave this weekend itself. So we have decided to take risk and show the duplicate copy of I-94 that we are having. While coming back, I am sure we will have all our documents by then.

Keep in touch

asker123,
Have a pleasant, safe and worry-free trip.
Please keep in touch and share your experiences after the travel.

Hi All,
THanks for all your help. We had a wonderful journey to India and hassle free stamping. No one in US airport asked us for I-94 though we did have copies of the same and police report as well. But luckily no one bothered.
Our stamping also went on smoothly. All they asked was copies of the old passport and nothing else.

Thanks again