I-94 & I-485

gcard2002

Registered Users (C)
If we file I-485 months before the expiration of I-94 card on H1 status, is that OK? Please suggest. I heard BCIS deported people with such cases during the special regiatration program at the beggining of this year. Are they still looking doing that? Please suggest.

i dont thinkits a problem

I dont think it will be a problem if you have a valid H1. I filed mine after the expiration of i94 but had a valid h1 extension.

vijmas

I thought H1 and I-94 dates match. When you filed H1 extension, you should have I-94 extended too. Most of the people confuse that I-94 means only the card given at the airport. When your H1 extension is approved, you can see your I-94 on the approval notice bottom right portion. That would be your new I-94, not the expired card given at port of entry.

ok

When my 485 was filed i did not have the approval paper yet. So i had not included it.

If you don't include I-94, you may get RFE asking to prove lawful status/entry since H1 time. I had similar RFE for time-gap between I-94s and somehow, they did not consider my I-94 attached with H1 (H1 to a new company). But, as every one knows, can't predict BCIS.

expired I-94 from airport

I have similar situation here, should I include
the expired I-94 from airport, or the on attached
to H1B.

Thanks,
iulkcg