I-94 for revalidated visa

chaudhar

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone get a new I-94 ? I got my visa re validated , but I did not get a new I-94. I still have the old one and the I-94 that came with my approval notice.

Is that how it is ?

Thanks

Expiry date on the I-94

chaudhar,

Does the old I-94 have new expiry dates on it which matches the expiry dates on your new re-validated visa?

Thanks.

I94 for revalidated visa

cpDelhi,

Nop, it still has the old dates on it . Neither of the I - 94 has any new dates on it

INS and DOS

chaudhar,

INS and DOS are two different deparments till now. They will get under one head "Home Land Securtiy" very soon.

I-94 is issued by INS and the re-validated stamp is issued by DOS. When you entered US last time, the immigration officer must have put an expiry date on I-94. But if you get a new H1 after your last entry then you find a new 1-94 attached with the letter (I-797a) sent by INS. The expiry date on the new H1 I-94 superceeds the old expiry date on the old I-94.

Hence to my knowledge DOS will not apply any new expiry date on the I-94. You should be OK with what you have.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
No new date on I-94

The I-94 that I got along with the 797 does not have any date what so ever on it , except my DOB.

New I-94 should have an expiry date

chaudhar,

Inspect your new H1 approval letter (I-797). It should have an a date period for which your new H1 is valid for. I don't think INS types the DOB on the I-94. Atleast my H1 approval has the period (Start - expiry) listed on it. If your H1 approval really doesn't have a expiry date, contact your attorney or any immigration attorney for that matter of fact.

Does your new visa issued by DOS have a expiry date listed on it?

Good luck.

Thanks.