I 94 Expiring- Has Ead

NISHA

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1B visa. This will expire in Oct 2002. I have an EAD which expires in Jan 2003. My rd is Dec 2001, ND is Jan 2002.

Please indicate if I can work with my H1B holder company on EAD, will I get a new I94 , please indicate if my status and my spouse status will be legal. Request your suggestion. Thank you:) :)

You do not need to renew the I-94. You should take your EAD to your employer and they are supposed to fill a I-9 form and keep it for their record. They may make a photocopy of your EAD and keep that for their record as well. If your EAD is going to expire in January, you have to remember to file for EAD renewal in October. Hope this helps.

EAD

You and your spouse are in status as long as your 485 is pending.

You can work on EAD, but don't forget to apply for renewal before 90-100 days. You should have a valid-approved EAD to work (and continue to work). A pending application for EAD renewal can not be used to continue working.

You will not get a new I-94. You jsut need to fill out a new i-9 form (employers have it) and give a copy fo EAD.

As Far as I know

Once you use the EAD your H1 is no longer valid. You will continue to be in Status until a decision is made on your 485 Application.
Do you have your AP ?? This is required if you travel abroad and re enter the U.S.

If you have filed the 485 for your Spouse and have the Receipt , then the spouse will also be in status.

You will have to inform your Employer that you will be working on EAD and not on H1 so that he keeps his records updated for INS.

You can do a search on the EAD Forum and you will find a lot of cases for reference.

Check with your attorney too, since you have paid him he is supposed to advice you.

All the Very Best

Dear all who have responded

Thank you, for all your suggestions, I shall follow up with my employer.:)