I-94 Expired.

raghusud

Hi, my H1 visa and I-94 got expired on Dec 2, 2001, but i applied for extension on Oct, 30 2001. as of Dec 10th i got the EAC number from INS. Do i need to go back to india for stamping or can i send my papers here for stamping ?

No

Your H-1 status remains valid for 240 days following expiration of I-94, provided that you timely filed for extension (which you did). So, you are fine. There is no need to leave the US, and you can continue working.

Expired I-94 on L class visa

Hi..I am here on an L1 visa - I-94 expired on 15 Nov 2001 - INS refused my extension application on 29 Dec 2001. My husband has a pending appeal on his L1 (been pending since July 2001!)...neither of us have worked since our permits expired. We are both out of status - my husband\'s is crucial almost 180 days. Is it possible to change to B class visitor visas to allow us to tie up our affairs here before returning to the UK - we are both British? If we can, do we need to leave the US and come back on Visa Waivers, and what if we don\'t get back? We have a house to sell, taxes to files etc. Help!