I-94 expired before H1-B

random123

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I had sent PP to Stlouis for revalidation on sep 19th did not received untill now.
My I-94 expired before my visa got expired. This happend because at the last time when i entered into this country my passport was expiring before my visa expire, at POE inspector had told me that he is issuing I-94 untill my PP is valid. After that i got my H1-B and PP(renewed) extended and even got I-94 with the H1-B approval.
I don't know what would be outcome with expired I-94 before visa expire. Please post if any one of you had similar situation and any suggestion would be help full.

I didn't heard any thing from Washington, DC regarding my revalidation.

Thanks in advance.

I-94 Expiry

Hi,

If your I-94 had expired, you are out of status. Inspite of having a revalidated Visa, you are out of status. If you cross 6 months period on an I-94 expiry, you may be debarred for 3 years entry into the country.

Since your PP is at Washington for revalidation, you may not be in a position to do anything right now. After you get your passport, travel to your home country and return back. You will be issued a new I-94.

Brs,

GOK
--------------------------------------------------
I'm not a legal person. Just one of you.:cool:

random123,
I am in a similar situation and I have sent my passport to DC for revalidation. I observed a few days ago that my I-94 expired. I have been talking to my attorney and he said it will be advisable to go to the POE for the correction as the mistake was done at the POE and instead of giving an I-94 until the 797 date he gave me a I-94 until previous visa.

Did you get back your passport from the state department ? Did they issue you the visa. Please reply ASAP

I-94 expired H1 Valid

No, I am still waiting for my PP. I called DC today regarding the status, they told me that its not at issued.

Here i thought, My old I-94 white card (while my entry into US POE)got expired before H1-Expired. My employer applied for extension and got approval with I-94 with H1-Approval. That does have expire date untill Aug-2004. Idon't know the I-94 with H1-B superseeds the I-94 from POE.

If any one have clue please post an reply. This would be help full to me.

I am very much worried now regarding the status.

Thanks.

random123,
Did you include your new H-1 approval too along with your other revalidation papers which shows a valid date of Aug, 2004? What is your SL date and what is your DC date?

State Dept is currently processing applications recd in DC on or around Oct 10

random123:

You need not to worry, as you have new I-94 with new H1-B extension. The new I-94 is same as what you get at POE.

You will be in status as you got new H1-B extension and new I-94 attached to it, before your old H1-B. The date on new I-94 indicates till what date you will be in legal status in USA.