I-94 Card lost, What do I do?

i485question

Registered Users (C)
I have lost my I-94 Card and need to file for I485. ( Have not yet started the process) Does any one know if I can get a duplicate issued, if so where and if not then what other options do I have. Any response is greatly appreciated

This is from www.immigration-law.com. Hope this helps.

Updated 12/05/01: Lost Passport and Reissuance of Visas and I-94

Lately, we have been receiving reports from nonimmigrants who lost passport. When one loses passport, in most cases, he/she also loses "visa" and "I-94." When it happens, he/she must file applications for reissuance of three documents: Passport, Visa, and I-94. Keeping a photocopy of these documents and report of loss to the police are critically important for the reissuance.
Reissuance of Visa by DOS: U.S. Department of State reissues certain visas if he/she meets the following requirements:
-- the previous visa was reissued in the Department within the last year (12 months),
-- the Department has a record of the reissuance,
-- the applicant includes a copy of police report or evidence substantiating loss, and
-- the applicant submits all the necessary documentation and fees.
The applicant should then follow the rules and procedures of visa revalidation in order to send in application for reissuance of the lost visa in the new passport. For the details, please click here.
Application for Replacement I-94: Proof of legal entry is most important for the aliens in this country. For nonimmigrants, legal entry is established by I-94 which is issued at the port of entry or admission stamp which is placed by the immigration inspector at the port of entry. When one loses passport and I-94, he/she also loses the most critical evidence of admission to the U.S. with inspection. The nonimmigrant has a burden of proof that he/she was admitted to the U.S. with inspection by the immigration inspectors at the port of entry, otherwise he/she is considered so-called EWI (Entered Without Inspection). In all the immigration applications and proceedings, admission with inspection is the first "threshold" to meet the eligibility and absence of such evidence for those who lost passport can face a serious challenge. Therefore, it is critically important that he/she immediately files I-102 form with the Service Center of his/her jurisdiction together with the some proof of legal entry to the U.S. and police report of loss in order to get a replacement I-94. For the detailed instructions, people should visit the INS website, Forms and Fees.