I-94 and A Nummber query

conqueror

Registered Users (C)
Just two question, where do I find/get my alien reg. no.? Now in the process of filling out AOS forms and its come up more than once. And also, is my I-94 number the Departure Number on the top right hand corner of the card?

Thanks

You probably don't have an alien number yet, you'll get that later on after you've filed. If you mean the visa waiver I-94W, the number is on the top left, 11 numbers. Unless its changed since I got mine.

Thanks, but the I94 number I was referring to is the original I-94 I got when I entered the country. Do you know of this?

Yeah, The I-94 is an arrival/departure record, I guess its alittle different than the one I got. On mine the numbers are printed on a little "green" card, on the top left. I guess its different for yours. Someone else might be able to give you further info on that.

conqueror said:
Just two question, where do I find/get my alien reg. no.?
You dont have one now.You will get one after you apply.
Now in the process of filling out AOS forms and its come up more than once. And also, is my I-94 number the Departure Number on the top right hand corner of the card?
Yes.Its the number on the top of the I94.I think it is 11 digit.

Thanks

I-94 and I-94W are two different forms. I-94 is is used by people who enter with a visa. I-94W is used by people who enter using visa waiver.

The I-94/W number is the one on top left as shown on these images.
http://www.isso.cornell.edu/images/I-94.gif
http://www.capriotti.com/i94we.jpg

If you dont have an A#, that field is not applicable to you. So you may want to write n/a where it asks for your A#. There is a difference of opinion here in this forum and you might be asked to use 'none' instead of n/a. The reason is that using n/a "might" raise red flags with USCIS as it means you are trying to hide something. I have used n/a in all my forms wherever it asked for my A# and i did not have any problem. Its your call. :)

Write 'none', as the field actually applies to you but you still don't have a number.

N/A doesn't make sense. Plus, on the forms they do mention that you should put 'none' where 'none' is applicable.

I used "None" for every single field that I don't have information. Then right before I sent out application, I re-read all instructions and found one form's instruction says "using N/A" for ... but I didn't change my form.