I-90 question

SJOrl

Registered Users (C)
I efiled my I-90 on August 2, 2005 because reason D - my card was issues with incorrect information as of a USCIS administrative error. Received the receipt about a week later after filling. Then yesterday I received another notice with the following information:
USCIS does NOT required applications who have submitted Form I-90 for the following Application Reasons to visit an Application Support Center for biometrics capture:
  • "B" My authorized card was never received
  • "D" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error.

Therefore, you are NOT required to appear for a biometrics appointment. At this time, no futher action is needed on your part.

If you have any question regarding this notice, please call the National Customer Support Center.

My questions are:
  • If I don't have to do the biometrics, why do I have to pay $70 for biometrics fees?

Anybody has the same situation? Please help.

Though it is not required to pay the amount, I think it is not a better idea to ask for refund at this stage (If you have already paid). Because at this moment, we don't know what is going oin.

Check on CIS web site for your latest status. I checked mine today and it is updated as:
On October 4, 2005, we transferred your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

cpzinga said:
Though it is not required to pay the amount, I think it is not a better idea to ask for refund at this stage (If you have already paid). Because at this moment, we don't know what is going oin.

Check on CIS web site for your latest status. I checked mine today and it is updated as:
On October 4, 2005, we transferred your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Thanks for the update. I checked my status online today, I saw they moved my case to the service center too.