I-90 Question

NerverEnding

Registered Users (C)
The DOB in my daughter\'s Green Card was wrong, so we had to submit an I-90 at the Indianapolis local INS office. The lady who accepted the form said that we might or might not get a receipt from Nebraska. It\'s been six weeks now and no receipt, and obviously no card either.

Does anyone else have a similar experience; i.e. not getting the receipt for I-90?

Thanks.

No Title

Hi Neverending,

My understanding is that if you file I-90 and if they don\'t take the fees for it (b\'cos of INS administrative error) they will not send a receipt.

I also filed i-90 for me abt 6 weeks back. No receipt and no card.

rajlak

No Title

I also filed I-90 about 2 weeks ago at chicago INS. I was told that it will take anywhere from 4-10 months to get the card. They suggested me to initiate contact with INS after 4 months in case I don\'t receive the card.

I filed

an I-90 in Dallas in May 2001 and received a receipt from the TSC in November 2001. I did not have to pay a fee, because the reason for the I-90 was an administrative error with the INS.
I am still waiting for the card.

~Dominik.

Thanks all

Thank you for the input. I plan to call NSC and ask them to do a query by the A# (if I ever get through to them that is). Failing that, will inquire at the local INS office if card does not arrive before the passport stamp (I-551) expiration.

i-90@boston. VSC receipt in 3 weeks

I filed i-90 in boston in 1st week of dec and got a receipt from
from VSC by last week of december.

Got LIN # by calling NSC

I called today and finally managed to get an IIO on line. She was nice enough and pulled the LIN receipt no. based on the A #. She could only tell that \'someone worked on the case yesterday, and they are processing these pretty fast\'. Well, at least I know now that they have got everything and will churn the plastic out not too far in the future.

(b.t.w. I had to keep dialling and re-dialling for abt. 30 minutes, and then waited 15 minutes before got to talk to a human. Oh well, at least I got through)

keep hopes high

I filed I90 from Portland OR local office through NSC due to error on my first green card on Dec 4. I was told it might take 5 to 9 month. On Jan 22, my lawyer just received the approval notice (not receipt) for my I90 application and stated that the card will be mailed to me between 5 to 9 month. The good thing was I received the correct green card on Jan 18, 2 days eralier than approval notice. According to my card processing date, it was processed on Jan 12. Somehow, NSC speed up I90 for re-printing green card. Both me and my lawyer were surprised and pleased. So keey hope high.

I am expecting DOB error in my card as the visa doc had wrong DOB which I corrected

it POE.so I expect the card may have DOB error.
My question is along with I-90 do we need to submit the greencard also and where we have to file the i-90 local INS office or with Vermont directly.please advice.

No Title

You have to submit the greencard with the I-90 if you are applying for replacement. You can go to the local INS service center and apply for an I-90

Pathetic INS

Aren\'t you\'ll agree that INS is very unefficient in processing gc.
Anyways, I got the plastic cards within 3 week of my consular interview. However, there was an error. I went to local INS office, and spend 1 hr outside in COLD, and 3 hrs. inside. Expire date on the stamp is nov. 2002, my passport expires in feb. 2002. So he didn\'t put any new stamp on the passport. and told me that it will take 6 to 8 months. Why 3 weeks v/s 6 months. ??? And if I get new passport, do I need to go INS for stamping again. ???

because

the INS is wonderfully organized. It took them 6 months to mail the I90 from the Dallas office to the TSC in Mesquite, a whopping 20 miles away. I am now counting almost 9 months from the day I filed the I90 and there is still no GC in sight. At least at this point, it does not cause any significant troubles for me, so I just lean back and wonder. Its fascinating how pathetic the whole immigration process is...

Got replacement plastic card

Finally got the corrected card for my daughter today. Filed I-90 on December 4, 2001 at Indianapolis. No receipt from NSC, though got LIN # by talking to IIO. Case approved February 7th per AVM. Received replacement card on February 11, 2002, a little over two months from filing.

Good luck to everyone on this forum.