I-90 Help

uscitizen

Hi Ev/eryone!!

I really need help. I got a plastic card which is not backdated and spell my name wrong. If i apply for I-90, i think i have to give back my original green card which i am really afraid of. Anybody has any filing experience with I-90. Pls help me.

My /dateline is
ND 8/9/2000
Fp 7/10/2004
biometric 4/20/2005
approved 6/8/2005
GC mailed 6/13/2005
GC received 6/14/2005

GC is showing approved date 6/8/2005. IS USCIS CHAGING THE RULES WITH ASYLUM GC DATE???

Thnks/ UScitizen

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-photo.htm

First I thought how come this guy got his GC before I did , I am from Nov 99, approved in April 05, still waiting for GC, but I found this useful info for you, you don't have to sent your GC when you file I-90, read the E-Filing instructions for I-90, when they sent you an appointment letter to visit local office than you will show your permanant residency proof which is GC, Click on the link tell all about filing I 90, and this also applies to you.
Does anyone agree with me? lately few cases with Biometrics received GC within a week of approval, and they are not backdated, is this just a few cases or all are not backdated?

Last edited by a moderator:
My card is not backdated. Neither is my wife's card (a few days earlier than mine).

---------------
ND 8/2000
biometric 4/2005
approved 6/8/2005
GC received 6/14/2005

Thank your SAM33 for your reply.

I called INS customer Service and she explained me that after May/31/2005 all the procedure has been changed. We have to send I-90 to local INS office and they will call us for an appointment. I think that's the time they will change in their system and reissue a correction greencard.

But, I wonder not-backdated greencard is not a mistake, they just send everybody like that. Do we suppose to correct it? Anybody whom on top of this subject please help out!!! Any lawyer!!!!!

thank you