I-90 Biometrics Appointment?

We Fedex'ed our incorrect card and stuff back to them on Dec 28. I just got a letter stating they will mail me my new card in 2-3 weeks. It said nothing about having to do Biometrics again.

Last edited by a moderator:
On friday I got a letter from TSC asking to file an i-90. I had already applied in July 2005 and it is being processed by TSC (It was transferred from VSC in Nov 05). Does any one have idea as to why they are asking me to file an application again?

I had applied in july 05 after not getting card (waited for it for 8 months and never received it). I have been waiting for my card since then and now I get this letter.

Thanks for help!!!

Card Received

Hello Everybody,

Finally, my wife got her new card today in the mail. At last, there's no error on the card! Thanks for everybody's help. Hope you'll get yours soon!

Hi,
I am sorry I could not reply to the questions that some of
you posted for me. We had a baby in December and
I was busy, hence could not login to this form.
In any case I am planning to send the following letter
to answer the #3. Please let me know if any of you have
any experience with it.
Sincerely
nagasng

LETTER

Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested

# ________________________________

xxxxxxx
January xxx, 2006

From
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxx

To
Citizenship and Immigration Service
xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam:
Please find the following documents with respect to your “Request for initial evidence” (form I-797C).

1. The incorrect green card (my last name on the card is incorrect) has been attached at the bottom right corner of Form I-797C.
2. Two color passport-style photographs (with the Alien registration number on the back of the photographs) were enclosed
3. Evidence that supports my claim of service error.
(a) Photocopy of my passport, which shows my correct last name “xxxxxxx” (enclosed with this letter).
(b) Photocopy of my I-485 approval letter, which shows my correct last name “xxxxxxx” (enclosed with this letter)
(c) Photocopy of my Driver’s License, which shows my correct last name “xxxxxx” (enclosed with this letter)

Thank you very much
Sincerely

For those of us who applied early in the year 2005, we were required to pay 70 dollar Biometirc fee only. They came out later saying we did not have to pay it and that we could get a refund if it was proved it was their mistake.
I waited until I got the letter from them saying it was their mistake. Now I still have to phone to get a refund for the 70 we paid before. Don't know how long that will take.
I never paid any application fees.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/I-90_050908.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
grunggy said:
For those of us who applied early in the year we were required to pay 70 dollar Biometirc fee only. They came out later saying we did not have to pay it and that we could get a refund if it was proved it was their mistake.
I waited until I got the letter from them saying it was their mistake. Now I still have to phone to get a refund for the 70 we paid before. Don't know how long that will take.
I never paid any application fees.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/I-90_050908.pdf

Sorry, I meant the biometrics fees. Can you please update us with how your refund process goes?
Thanks.

Hi,

I had applied I-90 with reason 'b' (card never received). I applied in July 2005. But in first week of Jan, got a letter from TSC saying that I need to file I-90 again with other reason (card stolen/lost) since they have mailed my card and it is not their mistake. Now I need to file I-90 again with biometrics fees + application fees. Can I still get the 70$ I paid with first application back?

cpzinga said:
Hi,

I had applied I-90 with reason 'b' (card never received). I applied in July 2005. But in first week of Jan, got a letter from TSC saying that I need to file I-90 again with other reason (card stolen/lost) since they have mailed my card and it is not their mistake. Now I need to file I-90 again with biometrics fees + application fees. Can I still get the 70$ I paid with first application back?

i am in the same boat........i can not believe it...does it mean we have to wait another 6 months....anyway i am totally lost..i dont even know what is new procedure for filing I-90...are we supposed to any photographs? could you please tell me what is the lastest procedure.....i am not sure what would happeb to 70 dollar that we already paid....my case went to NSC.....

I think we need to file again with (card stolen option) with full fees (260).
I called today the CIS tech support and they said same thing. Also, I think we cannot get the $70 back.

I don't think we need to submit photograph or anything like that. Did you read anywhere or called CIS?

I am planning to e-file again (for me and my daughter).

How long after mailing the incorrect card!!

Hi Grunggy,

After how long you mailed the incorrect card you got your card ordered? In the letter it says call them if you dont get it in 4 weeks. I send my incorrect card on Dec. 27th, this week will be mine 4th week. Do you have any idea about the time line?

Thanks....
IQ

iq707 said:
Hi Grunggy,

After how long you mailed the incorrect card you got your card ordered? In the letter it says call them if you dont get it in 4 weeks. I send my incorrect card on Dec. 27th, this week will be mine 4th week. Do you have any idea about the time line?

Thanks....
IQ

It was a little less then a month after I sent them the old card they finally ordered it.

rajan22 said:
My application for I-90 replacement of card was sent to California Lock Box. Notice of Action received on Dec. 10 (with receipt date of Dec. 5). It has MSC#xxxxx. When I tried to see the case status online, it says that the case does not exist. Did onyone have such experience?

I never received the original card. The case was approved in June and nothing was updated until I moved in September and asked them to change the address. I was asked to send a written inquiry. Upon my written inquiry, I received a letter that said the card was mailed on June 30. It also said that the card was not returned by post office, hence they concluded this as a lost in mail.

Then I applied without any fee (for reason B) which was returned with a letter that I needed to pay full fee ($260 total) since I moved from the original address to which the first card was made and that I pick other reasons for replacement. I sent new I-90 form for lost/replacement reason and it is not in their system as I mentioned earlier.

Any suggestions please?
I got a letter today suggesting a date for biometrics (in two weeks).

iq707 said:
Hi Grunggy,

Thanks....
IQ

Iq707,
Which Service Center did you send it to? Mine is TSC. I sent it on Dec 30. It is almost 4 weeks, still have not heard from them.

Corrected Greencard received

Hi All,

USCIS corrected my greencard and I have received yesterday. See more details at signature. Good luck to all.

Thanks,

Congrats ...

Is there anyone that has applied I-90 (never received/lost/stolen reasons) and waiting? How much time is it taking in general to receive 797 C (notice), biometrics and card?