I-9 ??

sd70

Registered Users (C)
Originally Posted by ginnu
4. How do I switch to EAD from H1B? and How does this process happens?
---------------- file new I-9 form with your employer or HR. I will NOT use EAD and extend H1 and remain on H1 status

Hi ginnu and others,

I'm working on EAD and applied for EAD renewal. I sent AC21 by my lawyer. But i were not aware of this I-9 form and i didn't file it. Is it mandatory? What i have to do for this ? What is the procedure and from where can i get information and form? Can you please help.

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70

Okay i got some information on this:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-9.htm

All U.S. employers are responsible for completion and retention of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens.
And you don't have to file Form I-9 with U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or USCIS. Form I-9 must be kept by the employer either for three years after the date of hire or for one year after employment is terminated, whichever is later. The form must be available for inspection by the authorized U.S. Government officials (e.g., ICE, Department of Labor).

Am I right ?

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70

sd70 said:
Hi ginnu and others,

I'm working on EAD and applied for EAD renewal. I sent AC21 by my lawyer. But i were not aware of this I-9 form and i didn't file it. Is it mandatory? What i have to do for this ? What is the procedure and from where can i get information and form? Can you please help.

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70
How can you work on EAD without filing I-9 form ?
That's the only way you can begin working on EAD.

You just have to file a new I-9 with your employer asap showing your EAD.

max2k1 said:
How can you work on EAD without filing I-9 form ?
That's the only way you can begin working on EAD.

You just have to file a new I-9 with your employer asap showing your EAD.

Hi max2k1,

When i joined new company they took my I-140 approval copy and copy of EAD but i'm not sure if they gave me any form like I-9 or not. Is this form for keeping record to employer or this form have to sent INS?

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70