I-9 Help – Going to work on EAD

can_card

I am the first H1B and GC applicant in my company which is non-IT firm. My sixth year (theoretically 5.75 years) H1B is expiring in Feb 2006.Currently, my 485 is pending and 140 were approved long time ago. I have a valid EAD. I am thinking to start working in EAD instead of filing H1B extension. Am I taking any risk in giving up H1B?

If I decide EAD route, am I required to submit new I-9 form and copy of my EAD card to my HR manager? Am I required to do every year this process (Submitting new I-9 form and copy of EAD)? My HR manager may not aware all the USCIS rules and she might get confused.

When I go thro I-9 form, instead of submitting EAD card other options are I can submit copy of my driver license and Social security card. Can I submit these two documents instead of EAD? Has any one done this before?

Thanks

I-9 - Ead

Yes. You will get notice from HR that your EAD will expire soon. and need to provide new I-9 and EAD copy.

can_card said:
I am the first H1B and GC applicant in my company which is non-IT firm. My sixth year (theoretically 5.75 years) H1B is expiring in Feb 2006.Currently, my 485 is pending and 140 were approved long time ago. I have a valid EAD. I am thinking to start working in EAD instead of filing H1B extension. Am I taking any risk in giving up H1B?

If I decide EAD route, am I required to submit new I-9 form and copy of my EAD card to my HR manager? Am I required to do every year this process (Submitting new I-9 form and copy of EAD)? My HR manager may not aware all the USCIS rules and she might get confused.

When I go thro I-9 form, instead of submitting EAD card other options are I can submit copy of my driver license and Social security card. Can I submit these two documents instead of EAD? Has any one done this before?

Thanks

Working with EAD

Hi Wheretogo,

I am currenlty working on H1. I have EAD since more than yr. I am planning to change from H1 to EAD which I am doing.

The question that I have is, I am trying to get part-time job in same field of specialization. I am still with same employeer who filied my GC as a primary job.

Can I take part-time job with other company? and with W-2 with part-time job company?

If I take part-time job does it effect any thing on GC processing?

Thank You.