i 864 question

hipaa

Registered Users (C)
Im confused!!
If iam the only sponsor for my parents but file taxes jointly with spouse,in the form864where they ask for last three yrs $listed from tax return form 1040,am i supposed to mention only my income or joint income(i asked my tax agent and he said if tax is filed jointly,there is no way to get the 1040 EZ $ seperately for me.is this right,does any one know?pls. Inform me.
Thanx.

Question 25 asks for the total income on your tax return. Question 23 asks for your individual income. Answer each one differently based on your situation.

Shud i include my spouses income in the total house hold income or not?if im the only sponsorer.
Also,when it asks for the last three yrs. Adjusted gross income..how can i calculate that?as taxes were filed joint,please let me know.
Thankyou.

The way I did it is I put my wife's single income as the sponsor's income as she is the sponsor. For Gross income, I put the number that appear as our joint Gross Income (we file taxes jointly) column on 1040 form as I am sending a copy of it anyway.

I called nvc today,the person who took my call said i need to put line 1 from MY w2 for gross income..i guess im just going to do that,though im still confused..did anyone else call nvc about this?