I-864 question

maui98

Registered Users (C)
I am filing I-485 and just had a medical exam by an INS approved doctor. This doctor mailed me an I-864 form he filled in, and a sealed envelope to INS. I wonder whether I should include the I-864 form with the I-485 application package, or I should include the sealed envelope with the I-485 application package to INS? Please advise.

Thanks

The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support, you should include this with your I-485 package, also include the sealed medical examinatiton form. I believe this is called I-693. The doctor fills it out and seals it, and he should have given you your own copy, but send the sealed copy with the package. If you forget to send it with the I-485, then just hold on to it until they request it.

You are kind of misunderstanding the forms...
I-693 is the medical examination that include your vaccination report and the medical notes about your exam, this should be given by your doctor in a sealed envelope. Do not open and then sealed, just leave it sealed if not they won't accept it.
I-864 is completed by your sponsor (petitioner or in the case you have joint sponsor as well), is the Affidavit of Support and is to certified that your sponsor have enough financial resources to support you.

Both forms "must" be included in your AOS (I-485) packet (as per instructions). If you don't include all the forms or you miss to include one of them, you will receive a RFE and your case will be delay.

Good luck,