I-864 Filling Question - Help Please

millwall

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am applying for a GC. My wife does not earn enough to sponsor me, so her father has kindly agreed to do so.
As I understand from a previous post they both need to complete separate I-864 (not 864A) forms. I have a few questions regarding this :

- Do they both need to submit photos (if so, how many) ?

- In section 1 question 1 how do they both answer ? Does my wife answer A and her father D or E ? or maybe they both anwer E ????? I'm very confused !

I, ,
am the sponsor submitting this affidavit of support because (Check only one box):
a. I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative.
b. I filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as
my
c. I have an ownership interest of at least 5 percent in ,
which filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to
me as my
d. I am the only joint sponsor.
e. I am the first second of two joint sponsors.
f. The original petitioner is deceased. I am the substitute sponser. I am the intending
immigrant's .

- How do they both answer Part 3, Question 1

I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2 above.

Yes No (Applicable in cases with joint sponsors)

- In section 4, the sponsors details. I take it each fill out that section on their own form ?

Thanks very much in advance for any advice !

Hi,

I am applying for a GC. My wife does not earn enough to sponsor me, so her father has kindly agreed to do so.
As I understand from a previous post they both need to complete separate I-864 (not 864A) forms. I have a few questions regarding this :

- Do they both need to submit photos (if so, how many) ? No photo is needed from the joint sponsor, except for the petitioner...who is your wife.

- In section 1 question 1 how do they both answer ? Does my wife answer A and her father D or E ? or maybe they both anwer E ????? I'm very confused !

Your father-in-law will answer D

I, ,
am the sponsor submitting this affidavit of support because (Check only one box):
a. I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative.
b. I filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as
my
c. I have an ownership interest of at least 5 percent in ,
which filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to
me as my
d. I am the only joint sponsor.
e. I am the first second of two joint sponsors.
f. The original petitioner is deceased. I am the substitute sponser. I am the intending
immigrant's .

- How do they both answer Part 3, Question 1

I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2 above.

Yes No (Applicable in cases with joint sponsors)

- In section 4, the sponsors details. I take it each fill out that section on their own form ?

Yes.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice !

See my responses above... I hope this is helpful. Good luck in your application....:cool:

Thanks for the advice.
Does this mean my wife isn't a sponsor ? I don't understand (d) how can one person be the "only joint sponsor" ? it seems like a contradiction in terms.
Does my wife still need to file tax transcripts, letter from employer etc ?

Thanks again !

Your wife is the sponsor... even if she makes $ 0 she is the first and foremost responsible for you...

Anyone else, will be a co-sponsor (that is the term used).

Anyone filing an I-864 for you will need all of the supporting documents. (Tax, paystubs, etc).