I-864, a question regarding the household income

a_usc

Registered Users (C)
As per my understanding of the instructions in I-864, the income of the sponsored immigrant may also be used in the household income used by the sponsorer in the Affidavit of Support. Also, the immigrant does not have to sign a I-864A, unless he/she is bringing the spouse or children with him/her.

Can someone please corroborate this? Another question... are the tax transcripts admissable if one does not have the tax returns of the previous years?

Thanks in advance. USC

I derived the same thing from the Affidavit of support, but I asked this question last week and others said that the partner does need to fill out the supplement form. It does explicitly say that the person being sponsored does not need to fill out the supplement unless they are bringing others.

According to the interview experience of ncgirl in the thread: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=154692&page=4&pp=15, she was asked by the interviewing officer to fill out the I-864A... hmm so it seems safe to just go ahead and have my husband fill out an I-864A anyway.

What about the tax transcripts? Are these acceptable if the tax return is not available? Anyone?

Thanks, USC

Last edited by a moderator: