I 824

arunu

Registered Users (C)
Hi.
I got my green card in May of 2002. I got married before my GC approval. I was in India with my wife when my GC got approved. I filled follow on to join by filling I-824. my receipt date for I-824 is 07/26/02, Does anybody have receipt date later than 07/26/02 got their I-824 approved from Texas service center?
How long does it typicaly take now to for I-824 to get approved from Texas service center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently TSC is processing I-824 forms received on or before 9/2/2002. Since your receipt date is 7/26/2002 you/ your attorney may want to contact National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 to find out details around your case.

arunu:

any update son yoru 824 application. You may want to check with mumbai consulate if they would be willing to accept your AC I-140 application if you were to take that route!

quick question regarding I-824:

The I-824 application says:
PArt 1 -Information about the person that filed the petition.
After that it has :
1) individual name column (where probably my name will go)
2)Organization name
3) address
4) DOB,SSN etc
My question is: for address ,am I suppose to put my address or company's address. Right after the address column they have DOB,SSN etc column hence I am a bit confused whther i shud provide my address or petitioner address.
I am filing this out myslef and not going via my attorney (and she told that i can fill it for self). Also,the address i put will determine where INS will send the I-824 recipt.

Any help on this will be appreciated!

for reference I-824 form is at
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-824.pdf

I recommend residential address.

If I were you I would check cptracker.com:
* To identify folks who did AC I-140 which means they have filed I-824 ...
* Then send them an email as they will be able to give the most precise answer.

I 824 Approved

I just got a mail from my attorney tha my I-824 got approved :) Any Idea how oong it might take from now to get an interview date in chennai consulate.

By traditional I meant regular CP which is thru NVC and then to the consulate as opposed to AC I-140 which avoids NVC and P3 is sent straight to the consulate!

Does anybody know how long it take for the NCC to open a case after the I - 824 approval notice.

824 to cp

arunu,
i was int he same exact situation as you. after 824 was approved, it took about 2 months to move the file to India and about 2 months for them to schedule interview.

so..my guess is about 4 months.

also, be careful...CSC (California) messed up and did not send my 824 for a month after it was approved. My lawyer had to hound them and they finally did. The reason they gave was that they were unaware of the process of sending it, so it got delayed.

so....expect at least 4 months...and stick with it...monitor the website until it changes from approved, to forwarded to consulate.

hope this helps