I-824 Request for Duplicate Approval Notice

Ina

Does anybody in the group has filed I-824 for requesting a duplicate approval notice? How long did it take to get the copy?

My I-485 has been approved last June,2002 but unfortunately it was mailed to our old address.

I have tried everything:
- the USPS forwarding mail service is only good for 1 year so ours was no longer activated. we moved last 2000.
- i even called the USPS and filed a case about this to FWD any mails coming from INS
- went to INS SFO (taking chances, wait in line for 5 hrs) to have my PP stamped eventhough i dont have the original or courtesy copy of approval notice. The IIO even checked from their system that our case has been approved but still the IIO doesnt want to stamped our PP without the notice.
- even called IIO to request to re-send the notice but they told me that they dont do that, instead they just updated my current address over the phone
- so the only option left was the suggestion of IIO to file I-824 to request for duplicate approval notice and that i did.

if any of you who has the same issue...please let me know if you have any suggestion or information. Thanks!

Address problems

I had a similar address problems but not exactly the same.

My lawyers address was somehow entered wrong in the INS' system. So we didn't get any receipt notices for a long time.

INS letters are not forwarded by USPS even if there's forwarding instructions as it has "Return Service Requested".

So the Receipt Notices were returned to INS and they finally re-sent them to my Home address.

So with any luck, there is a possibility that your Approvals could be forwarded to your Lawyer.

Forgot to mention that the lawyer who filed my I-485 has been changed because my company was bought by another company. So my new lawyer has a new address, we even filed G-28 so that INS will be updated with all the addresses/petitioner.

Whew...quite complicated case huh?

Anyways, just found out that INS just deposited the check which means they have received our application for duplicate approval notice or I-824. Just hoping that they will process our application ASAP. :(

Thanks SaksD for replying!