I-824 for duahgter approved - now what? Please help.

mikeco

Registered Users (C)
Now my daughter\'s 824 approved with our 485s. She is still in my
home country. Anybody know what steps we should follow to
get her the immigration visa and bring her over to the US?

Thanks!

When did you submit your I-824?

The same time you submited I485 or after I485 got approved?
Have you got package3 yet? Indian or Chinese?

824, 485 submitted at the same time.

Thanks for your reply.
We submitted her 824 the same time we submitted our 485s.
I remember my attorney memtioned about package3 or 4 but
didn\'t address the detail, and it is really hard to get
any response from the attorney.

Who will send whom the package3? NVC or US consulate in
China(we are from China), and ours or my address in China
is the receipt address?

Do you know what is in package3? How about after that?
Thanks!
-mikeco

follow to join

start from this page
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/child.htm
I think your kid belongs to follow to join group, and check the follow to join procedure. There is a very long chat thread in "Family Based Green Cards - Through Marriage or a Relative"->"follow to join", you may ask question or share info over there.
btw, me is a chinese in denver too and I am going to bring my wife here this way.

Thanks! Good luck.

Hi Folk,

I am in Colorado Springs! I and my wife got our PP stamping
from Denver office last week.

My friend in China told me he got a package from Guangzhou
consulate, which includes lots of forms. I have not got a
chance to see them yet. Don\'t know if it is possible for
my friend (a PhD, I left his address for INS)to fill them.

Have you got your GC? Good luck with your wife\'s precess!
-mike

how long does it take to get I824 approved? Detail in side>

Hello, there.

Very interesting topic. Hm, I am researching this topic too.

I thought people only could submit I824 for their relatives (spouse and chidren

Where is the forum, Nayblahscar?

Hi Nayblahscar, could you please tell me where is the forum you mentioned?

I got a few pages of the forms in package3(my friend scanned
them and sent to me). Looks like a lot of work. I\'ll probably
have my friend send the whole package to me so I can do it.

BTW, it only took 2 weeks from my 485 approval date to the
receiving of the package3. Don\'t know how soon I need to get
those forms back and what is next, package4? what is that?
-mike

mike

Starting from the beginning or root directory, you can see "Family Based Green Cards - Through Marriage or a Relative", then go to "follow to join".
It seems as if pkg4 is what they send applicant when they ask applicant for an interview in guangzhou. So, way to go. I also think you have to do the forms yourself, \'cuz, you know, it\'s not easy to for your friend to figure out the complex american law requirements, forms, etc.
I am still waiting for my 485 approval, ND 11/30/00, very sad. Even worse, I know there will be RFE due to the stupid physician.

Thanks.

That is sad and unfortunate of your case. Sorry to hear.
Mine ND was Feb/01. The physician is DOAM, 3700 Havana St.(303 373-4456).
He seems pretty good.

Good luck.

Check this link and you will find all forms for packet #3

Hello, Mike and others,

Please check this link and you will find all necessary forms of packet #3. They are downloadable. The link is http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html.

By the way, I have a couple questions for you guys. Mike, did you mention you submitted your I824 for your kid at the same time of your submission of your I485? I thought you only could do it after you got the I 485 approve notice.

Another thing is about who sent you the packet #3? From the link I provided here, NVC sends out the Packet#3, but did you contact them directly or INS did it. I am just curious of the whole sequence. If you have some clues, please drop me some light of that.

I am not so sure about Packet #4, but I believe that is for your kid to go head for interviewing. I do not know what is the waiting time in Guangzhou, but I heard that in India, it only takes 3 months or so.

I am also from China and I am thinking of this way to bring my wife here too. My I485 is still in process and I am guessing it will be available in summer this year.

So, please show some clues if you can,

Thanks

Leon

Leon

leon, will you wait for approval notice before you submit 824?
My lawyer said I can anytime. but I assumed I could get my approval last november, so I didn\'t. My mistake, 824 in nsc take more than half year now.

Thanks for your info

Hello, Nebrascar,

It is a very interesting nick name. You have a very good sense of humnor.

Well, I thougt I could not do any I864 work before my I485 approvement. I recalled that is what my lawyer\'s assistant told me. I need to double check with her.

I do not know if my case is similar to yours. My I485 ND is August 2001, and I am assuming I still need to wait half year at least to get I 485 approved.

In the meantime, I went back to get married two months ago. Since I am in H1B right now, my wife went to consular office to try to get H4 visa but no luck and got denied. Too bad. However, I still want to try that H4 way to bring my wife here since I still have 2nd 3-year of H1b starting this May. But just in case, H4 is not the way to go, I am thinking if I need to do I864 in the first place in order to save time. I know I 864 is now taking more than 6 months to process, but I heard we only need to get receipt notice, not approve notice of I 864 for getting packet #3. I am still not so sure about this.

Well, this is my case, and I do not know yours. I am thinking if you are H1B right now, and if you still have more than 6 months of valid period, why do not you try H4 for your wife? It will be mcuh shorter in waiting time and as long as she crosses the border, then you are "dao yie" le. Just my 2 cents.

If you have more info, please share. This immi thing is really headache but it is the way to go.

Take care.

Leon

You can submit 824 for your dependents the same time as 485

This way the 824 and 485 will be approved the same time, otherwise it will be considered as FB immigration and takes a very long time. I don\'t know if you can add 824 now, maybe it is possible since you are not approved yet.

If you ask for CP yourself here in the US, the NVC will send you the packet3. My case, since I apply CP for my daughter in China, so Guangzhou consulate sent us the packet3.

Good luck to you guys!
-mike

Thanks for your info

Hello, Nayblahscar and mikeco,

Thanks for your info. It is very helpful. Just Talked to my lawyer and I could submit my I824 either with I485 or before the final approving of I485. I 824 will be approved as soon as I 485 is approved. But not so sure if the separated submission of I824 and I485 will mass up things.

Just check the processing time at Nebraska center and found that it will take 8 months to process I 824, but in Vermont center, it only takes one month. Well, I decide to submit I824 right now. By that way, when I 485 is approved in Summer, I 824 is also close to be processed. Man, just too tough. But not so sure if that I 824 will affect my wife\'s H4 application. Do you guys know?

Mike, I would like to ask you one more question. When you prepared that I 824 form, in that processing information section, did you put your daughter\'s info? Since we are asked to fill in the information if that petition is filed for others. I just can not figure out what that "petition" refers to. Is it the I 485 or I 824? Confused! I am guessing I should not put any info over there since I am filing I 485 for myself.

Anyway, thanks for your info. I hope that link will work for you.

Take care!

Leon

Don\'t remember.

I may try to see if I can find out the 824 we filed for her.
Actually, my attorney did that.

One thing is pretty sure, your wife can still apply for H4,
since you have never filed anything for her to immigrate.
I824 is not a petition for immigration. So she can still say
NO if asked this question.

-mike

thanks, guys.

Hello, Nayblahscar and mikeco:

Thanks for your response. It is very nice of you.

Mike, thanks for taking time to check that I 824 thing. I appreciate your help. I just want to make sure I could fill that form right.

Nayblahscar, as to my wife\'s H4 application. It is a sad story. We just got married in Dec 2001, and the visa officer (an abc or whatever) did not believe the marriage even we have notarized marriage certificate. In the mean time, my wife was also no experience at all and just got shocked by all those insulting questions. Well, we will try it again after Chinese Year. Just keep finger crossed.

Anyway, Thanks for your attention, and will update you guys.

Take care,

Leon

i did my824 today

If it\'s not too late, or if they accept it, I\'ll update here.
Leon, you may write down something for the consulate officer and ask your wife to present it to the officer next time.

Great!

Hello, Nayblahscar,

Thanks for your reply. It is great that you did I 824. I talked to my lawyer and I was told it is still not too late to file I 824.

The thing is that they may ask you for a RFE since you do not have your I 485 approved yet right now. Those people may not put your I 485 and I 824 together since they are submitted at the different time. But in any case, filing now will save time.

By the way, how did you fill in that section III "processing information"? Did you out your wife\'s info under that section? I am still confused by this section and my lawyer insisted that is my wife\'s info area. Maybe he is right. Just want to double check.

Thanks for your suggestion. I already wrote a letter for visa officer and sent it to my wife. Hope that will help. The the thing is that my current H1B will be expire this May, and my extension application may need to 1 or 2 months to get it. It is submitted one month ago.

Anyway, thanks again for your info.

Take care,

Lihang

part 3

I put her name and dob over there. and attached a piece of paper to this part, showing her addr in china. good luck with your application.