I-824 discussion at NSC : Congrats to Namelater

Michael Schumacher

Registered Users (C)
Namelater:

Congrats on your I-824 getting approved at NSC. I have a couple of questions for you:
1. Do you know what dates are being processed currently?
2. What is your notice date of your I-824 RECEIPT? This might help since I heard that NSC processes all cases in the order of Notice Date, rather than Receipt Date.

Let\'s hope that your approved I-824 + I-140 material reaches NVC quickly.

As for your queries regarding packet-3, I would start preparing packet-3 after you confirm the fact that it has reached NVC. Also, which consulate do you belong to? Chennai or Delhi? \'Coz, Chennai seems to be ok with OF-230 so far.

Also, the moment you know that your case has reached NVC, call the NVC # (your posting had the right #), and ask them for the case #, and find out if FAXING the CHOICE-OF-AGENT form would expedite things.

FYI, I am from Chennai, and still waiting for I-824 approval since 06/13/2001.

824/manya and others waiting for 824 approval, any updates? For the rest, this discussion is continuing from:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.efbe865

Thanks for the reply, here are my details

Let me thank you for your reply and let\'s hope that you will receive your approval soon. I can give you one tip though........Ask your attorney to continuously followup with IIO at NSC. I am almost positive that the latest call that we made around 2 weeks ago, has helped my case to get cleared..as the lady over the phone said that "I am going to send an e-mail to the IIO, as your case has been pending for long time". Hopefully that works out in your case too..

My I824 receipt and notice date is same and that is 4/23/01.
To anshwer your other question, I am from Chennai.

I have couple of questions for you now..
1)How will I come to know that my case has reached NVC?
2)Shouldn\'t we start preparing P3 forms right now or should we wait for NVC to send those forms?(OF169,DS230 part 1 for both, anything else?)
3)You said something about "CHOICE OF AGENT". What is it about? and how does help us? could you please educate me little bit on this?

4)I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WE SHOULD MAIL P3 FORMS TO THE ONLY TO THE CONSULATE? AM I RIGHT OR SHOULD WE SEND THE P3 FORMS TO THE NVC ALSO? BECAUSE SOMETHING ON OF169 SAYS THAT WE SHOULD MAIL THESE FORMS TO NVC TOO!! I AM CONFUSED

FRIENDS, THOUGH I HAVE POSTED THIS MESSAGE ANSWERING MICHAEL, I REQUEST EVERYONE TO HELP ME IN GETTING MY QUESTIONS CLEARED........

Thanks,

Thanks for sharing your details

NameLater:
1. I guess the surefire way is to keep dialling the NVC # and punch in your I-140 case #. If it keeps saying "Case not found", you could punch "0" or the relevant option for the operator. From postings on this portal, it looks like that NVC is far more friendly/receptive.
2. I guess you could start preparing for documents that you plan to check in OF-169 (eg. birth certs, affidavits, et al). As for filling packet-3, it takes roughly an hour, and I would do it after getting the case # from NVC. Between NVC /Downloaded packet-3, it really is your call. Consulate wouldn\'t care.
3. I have heard that they send (or wait) for a choice of agent form to be faxed to them. I think that it should be sent as soon as you hear your NVC case # (should be MDR2001....). If you want to bypass the attorney, you fax this with your NVC case #. Also, even to reiterate to NVC that you need packet-3 to be sent to your attorney, it\'s better to fax this form. Let me know if you can\'t find one on the Internet. I will reply with the choice of agent form attached.
4. Once you hear the NVC automated message say that "Your packet-3 has mailed to attorney on record", it means NVC has SIMULTANEOUSLY mailed packet-3 to you(or your attorney) and to the consular post. At that point, you can MAIL your packet-3 (down-loaded) to CHENNAI consular post DIRECTLY.

Of course, the experts who have been there and done this would/should confirm this for you.

Thanks for your suggestion on speaking to NSC......Let me try that!

Congrats Namelater

Good to hear that your I-824 approved from NSC. Your case would be created at NVC in two weeks after your 824 approval. Talk to the operator at NVC and they will tell your NVC case#. You have to send your Pk3 to Chennai consulate.

how does choosing "choice of agent" matter?

Michael and others,

As I am expecting my case to be current in NVC within a week from now, I wonder about this choice of agent!.
If we decided to send P3 contents as soon as we hear a case number from the NVC, then I wonder how does it matter whether NVC sends the P3 contents to a)the beneficiary or b) to the attorney?

I am thinking of sending the P3 to the consulate as soon as my case is created at NVC!
Thanks,

My heartly congrates to Namelater... What a news buddy.

I hope we also hear the same from NSC soon about our 824

Latest I-824 processing times at NSC: Any idea?

Hi!
Did any of you manage to reach an IIO at NSC recently? I spoke to one last week, and all the IIO revealed was that they were processing MAY, 2001 cases. I could not get a specific date out of the IIO.

If any of you plan to reach the NSC during weekdays in the next 2-3 days, please try and get current processing times, and whether I-824s are being accorded at least some level of priority (above ZERO, like Manya\'s lawyer heard a few weeks back)!

Unfortunate (for us I-824 approval waiters) that NSC\'s 824 processing times are the worst of all the service centers.

I will try to reach them over the phone but I am not sure ....

whether I will get the line.

I do agree that NSC sucks. I believe we are all the most unlucky persons as we belong to NSC/Chennai consulate. It\'s our fate that is playing with us.

Manya: Did you manage to get thru\'?

Manya:

Let me know if you managed to get thru\' to NSC to get the processing times?

Also, it looks like we are the only I-824 approval waiters from NSC, since there\'s no one else posting to this thread.

Sure buddy. I feel there are some more people to our group....but may be not willing to take part or

Manya: Did you e-mail the chennai consulate recently?

In one of your posts last month (or even earlier), you said that you were planning to e-mail the Chennai consular post regarding I-824 processing times at NSC and find out if they would consider CP applications on the basis of an I-824 receipt. Did you get a response out of them at all?

Also, SXP1: Are you there? Your I-824 receipt dates mirror mine. I was wondering if you had any updates for the rest of the I-824 approval waiters.

Srinu..Planning to apply 824 at NSC. Any Ideas

I\'m planning to apply for 824 at NSC. Really scared about their processing times. Anybody tried AC140 at Chennai consulate.