I-824 and Consular Processing.

Jignesh Patel

Can someone please shed some light (basic knowledge) on the I-824 form and it\'s implications on Consular Processing. Once I-824 is approved, what does that mean?

Tried searching the net for a flow of form and stages but couldn\'t find any.

Any input is appreciated.

JP

No Title

check immiinfo.com this site has all the info about CP. Approval of I-824 means u\'r case is sent from NSC or whatever to NVC. There they will create a case number & then mail u packet 3

SXP1

No Title

Depending on the consulate you can apply for an interview date with just an I1824 reciept as well, dont really have to go through the whole I-824 approval and NVC route. Mumbai is one such consulate. You would save a ton of time if your consulate does this.

Does New Delhi consulate accept I-824 receipts

I have my I-140 approval and now I want to go in for CP at the New Delhi consulate.Since prior to filing for I-140 i had not mentioned that I want to go in for CP, now I need to file for I-824.Does New Delhi consulate accept I-824 receipts or I have to wait for the I-824 approval.Also does New Delhi Consulate accept "Attorney Attested copies" of the documents.If yes then there is no need of applying for I-824.

Please shed some information on this issue.
Ravinder

How to apply for Interview with only receipt of 824 ?

I want to apply for Interview at the Delhi consulate. What is the procedure, I only have a receipt of i-824. My company has the 1-140 approval notice. What about packet 3 ?