****** I-765 Form Question ******

ahmedsi

Registered Users (C)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf

My scenario: I have been on F-1 (student) visa and have had applied for OPT work permit (after graduation of my first bachelors degree) in the past.
Im still on F-1 and last year I applied for Work Permit based on Economic Hardship (which expires May 30th, 2008)

Now im filing for AOS (wife is citizen), how should fill out the very first part where it's asking:

I AM APPLYING FOR:
- Permission to accept employment.
- Replacement (of lost employment authorization document).
- Renewal of my permission to accept employment (attach previous employment authorization document).

Which one should I select from the above in my case since i've already applied twice for work permit under different categories.

Question #11 on form I-765:
Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?

How should I answer this question under my scenario as i've already applied twice for work permit under different categories.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks!

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf

My scenario: I have been on F-1 (student) visa and have had applied for OPT work permit (after graduation of my first bachelors degree) in the past.
Im still on F-1 and last year I applied for Work Permit based on Economic Hardship (which expires May 30th, 2008)

Now im filing for AOS (wife is citizen), how should fill out the very first part where it's asking:

I AM APPLYING FOR:
- Permission to accept employment.
- Replacement (of lost employment authorization document).
- Renewal of my permission to accept employment (attach previous employment authorization document).

Which one should I select from the above in my case since i've already applied twice for work permit under different categories.

Select the first one- but attach any documentation you have: receipts from USCIS, approval notice, copies of your old EAD's.;)

Question #11 on form I-765:
Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?

How should I answer this question under my scenario as i've already applied twice for work permit under different categories.

Answer yes- and note the tyes of EAD's you had- in your case- under the OPT category.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks!

Hope this helps....