MygcWaiter

Registered Users (C)
From Shusterman's Immigration Update

On May 29, the BCIS (formerly INS) will permit e-filing of the following
two types of applications:

* I-90: Application for Replacement of Green Card
* I-765: Application for Employment Authorization

******The process will not be completely online. **********

Upon completion of the online e-filing session, applicants will receive instant electronic confirmation that the application was received. They can then schedule an appointment to visit a BCIS Application Support Center for collection of a digital photograph, signature, and fingerprint.

The BCIS is starting e-filing with the I-90 and the I-765 forms since together they account for approximately 30% of all immigration benefit applications submitted to the agency.

Kuldeep, so far I don't think this applies to iEADs. But yea, this is a good development, hopefully ead delays would be minimal now.

I don't think it will apply to iEAD since in case of iEAD you need to go to local service center it is kind of DL, if you want DL you need to go to DMV.

how?

Originally posted by Silly Man
Kuldeep, so far I don't think this applies to iEADs. But yea, this is a good development, hopefully ead delays would be minimal now.
I still don't get it. I had asked this question earlier, but did not receive any satisfactory answer. e-filing will definitely reduce mail room delays (if any). But when INS issuesa ND for any application, that means the application has been entered into the system (and hopefully checked for errors too).

We have not seen any delays because the mail room did not do the data entry in a timely manner.

But I do hope SM is correct and this improves processing speed.

lsamp, a huge portion of their headache is looking at our applications and typing them into the system. That will be eliminated, I think this will help. These are 30% of the apps, in each app now you'd have say 20% lesser work ~~ 6% total lesser work for INS, that much extra horsepower behind 485s is all we need ..

will we get it .. fuck no !!

Another question for e-EAD , What will be the RD and ND ? Will they be the same or they will issue ND after verification of application. If it is like that than in that case same backlog will be there to issue NDs.

Besides the elimination in time required to type in your information etc. We will also be freeing up resources to do other work, which might speed up other aspects of immigration. So e-filing of EAD is definitely going to be useful.

Vipsha,

I guess RD is going to be the day you entered your information, and ND will be date when you go to INS and get fingerprinted etc.

Hey do you know if at US customs in a port of entry, you are fined for something, the payment scheme is extremely easy? You can pay by Visa/MC/AMEx/Discover/etc. And also by Check. I was extremely amazed at the services they offer. I guess EAD will work the same way. They won't let payment issues slow you down. First rule of business, NEVER NEVER say you cannot accept money from the customer, whether you provide service is another story all together!

thats good then then we have right to revoke that payment too . If your 485 come through while u had send the appliation for EAD u might not wanna pay that amout then. :D :D and tell card company not to honour the amount.

problem caused by e-EAD

I just heard from one lawyer that with e filling local INS office might stop issuing iEAD. That doesn't make sense to me. But he was pretty sure. Have you ever heard of that ?

Depends on processing speeds. If the EAD can be issued within 90 days of application then there will be no iEAD's but otherwise it is cruel and unjust punishment. Everyone doesn't have H1's so what does someone working on EAD when the EAD doesn't come through? Stay at home?

Another tension in our life, you know that you can not get iEAD so just pray that your EAD get through in 90 days ,cross your finger, cross your legs and cross what ever you can.

That does not make sense to me how can INS be so sure that they will provide EAD in 90 days and what if they can not ? There should be some alternative to this.