I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

nikedude said:
Guys who have done the EAD/AP renewal online :
Could someone post the new step-by-step instructions and
tips to avoid the most common mistakes etc.

OP's First Post was very detail but the LUD on it was 29th March 2004.

Please post newer instructions if any.

Hi All,

I agree we need an updated online guide. I did this 2 yrs ago and I am sure lot has changed since then. Also since I got my GC; I am not keeping track of the changes to the online EAD process.

Could someone take this initative ?

Regards.

I don't understand, whats the advantage of eFiling the EAD? when we need to send the supporting documents anyways by regular mail? It seems to me, paper filing avoids trip to ASC for "digital pics, finger printing etc" as we are attaching latest 2 photos along with the application. Correct?

With eFile
========
File it online, take print out the EAD application, attach it with supporting documents while sending it by regular mail. Top of this, this procedure requires trip to ASC for pic, fp etc

With Paper filing
============
Print out application
Fill it, sign it
Attach enclosures,
Attach 2 latest photos,
Payment by check
Mail the whole set to Service center.
* This procedure probably avoids ASC

Guys, can you share your thoughts?

Southhuntington said:
After you e-filed I-765, you should have printed out the confirmation receipt. You should send the supporting documents as mentioned on the receipt and make a finger print appointment by calling 800 number. You have to do it and go to CIS local office to get a interim EAD either today or tomorrow.

Does USCIS say that? "online filing requires fingerprints where as paper filing does not require"

Grandhipal said:
If you do e-file, then you need to go for fingerprints. Otherwise (manual application) then there is no finger print appointment

perm_faq said:
I don't understand, whats the advantage of eFiling the EAD? when we need to send the supporting documents anyways by regular mail? It seems to me, paper filing avoids trip to ASC for "digital pics, finger printing etc" as we are attaching latest 2 photos along with the application. Correct?

With eFile
========
File it online, take print out the EAD application, attach it with supporting documents while sending it by regular mail. Top of this, this procedure requires trip to ASC for pic, fp etc

With Paper filing
============
Print out application
Fill it, sign it
Attach enclosures,
Attach 2 latest photos,
Payment by check
Mail the whole set to Service center.
* This procedure probably avoids ASC

Guys, can you share your thoughts?

You are right, i do have the same questions. Can somebody please put the pros and cons of each.

Please help me!!

My lawyer is a schmuck!!!

Anyways - I got my Biometrics done (finger printing and digital photo) somtime in June 2005.

I efiled my I765 (EAD) Online - i have not sent them any documents in mail.

Now my main question is - do i still need to call up and make appointment for another fingerprinting and Digital Photo session ?

please guide me.

thank you

"AND CURRENT STATUS IN USA (parolee if entered with a parole or otherwise the same status as last entry even if expired, if in doubt leave blank !!
Options are NOT in order; so it is possible that you may select the wrong one e.g (Select H1 insted of H1B )"

-- I choosed "H1B instead of H1", then on the application, it is "special occupation". I have already submitted. What should I do now?

thanks for your advice

EAD approved VSC (2nd renewal)

EAD approved - filed self online

RD:06/26/06 ND:06/27 LUD:06/28,06/29,07/03,07/06,07/08, AP: 07/17 (Both)

Interim EAD

Hi
I had applied online for my ead on the 04/10/06(First time) at VSC. I got the notice of action the next day
I have gone for FP and photo , also sent all the supporting documents .

it was more that 90 days and I took an appointment for the Interim EAD at Newark office.

I waitied a long time to reach the EAD window and when I reached there they denied an EAd and said They donot issue Interim EAD for this class A18 (dependent of L-1) at this office. a friend of mine got her IEAD from the same place on the 24th of April.

I really dont understand this. I have a job to join . Also the website shows they are now processing cases for the 16th April and when I check my case status it is the same as it was on the very first day.

I am planning to mail a request to the vermont service center for IEAD.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards

EAD: No need to mail any documents via mail when you efile

va_il said:
You are right, i do have the same questions. Can somebody please put the pros and cons of each.

ok, i had the same questions as well. Here are the answers:

You do not need to send documents via mail when you efile.

I filed EAD for my spouse. The EAD was approved yesterday. Here's the process i followed:

I filed using "efile technique". Just efiled the form online (as per instructions given in the beginning of this thread) .
I had paid online via credit card.
I had checked the box "I will mail supporting documents"
Print out the application after submitting it.

BUT DID NOT MAIL ANYTHING.
Yes, When you file EAD using "efile" you DO NOT need to send any documents via mail unless you are asked for it.

I got the Filing receipt from BCIS in mail at my place.

After submitting the application, i called the 800 number, made an appointment for biometrics (photo and finger printing).
PS: We had already done the finger printing earlier for I-485. This is an additional visit (2nd visit) to the local INS office for fingerprinting.

Go the INS office and get the biometrics done (photo and finger printing).
Take the original receipt you received in mail and print out of the EAD application along with photo ID.
I asked the INS officer at the local INS office about mailing documents,and they confirmed that i do not need to mail in any documents unless they ask for it.

Thats it. You get the card in mail.
Do not need to mail any documents via mail.

So here are the differences in paper file and efile:
eFile:
Pro's:
-- No need to mail any documents, photos etc.
-- Less chances of human error as you fill in all the details online.
-- Very easy. Follow the steps online, pay the amount online.
Con's:
-- Need to go the local INS office for photo and fingerprinting.

Paper file:
Pro's:
-- No need to visit INS office. Fill in all the paper work and mail the packet.
Con's:
-- Cumbersome process to fill the documents. Cross check and mail.
Worry about if they received the application. Made no human errors while they entered the data etc. etc. Wait for the receipt to arrive.
-- Go to some store, get the photo's clicked as per the specifications.
Called the 800 number and made an appointment

Overall in my opinion efile is an easy process to follow (the instructions given in the beginning of the thread are very helpful.)

thanks.

Concurrent Filing (I140 & I785 (EAD))

My Labor just approved,

My question is..
Can i Concurrent Filing (I140 & I785 (EAD)) ?. I need to have my EAD ASAP. What are the possible way to make it faster ?. What is the processing time as per the current status ?

Thanks

I did the same. I efiled, got an biometric apointment and got the fingerprinting done this weekend. On monday, I received the Receipt Notice for the EAD, where they mentioned that they will send an appointment for fingerprinting and that you MUST wait for the appointment before going to the ASC.

My question is : did you get a fingerprinting notice from USCIS after you got
the fingerprinting done on your own? IF yes, how did you notify them that you have already gotten the fingerprinting done?

thanks.

gc_daastaan said:
ok, i had the same questions as well. Here are the answers:

You do not need to send documents via mail when you efile.

I filed EAD for my spouse. The EAD was approved yesterday. Here's the process i followed:

I filed using "efile technique". Just efiled the form online (as per instructions given in the beginning of this thread) .
I had paid online via credit card.
I had checked the box "I will mail supporting documents"
Print out the application after submitting it.

BUT DID NOT MAIL ANYTHING.
Yes, When you file EAD using "efile" you DO NOT need to send any documents via mail unless you are asked for it.

I got the Filing receipt from BCIS in mail at my place.

After submitting the application, i called the 800 number, made an appointment for biometrics (photo and finger printing).
PS: We had already done the finger printing earlier for I-485. This is an additional visit (2nd visit) to the local INS office for fingerprinting.

Go the INS office and get the biometrics done (photo and finger printing).
Take the original receipt you received in mail and print out of the EAD application along with photo ID.
I asked the INS officer at the local INS office about mailing documents,and they confirmed that i do not need to mail in any documents unless they ask for it.

Thats it. You get the card in mail.
Do not need to mail any documents via mail.

So here are the differences in paper file and efile:
eFile:
Pro's:
-- No need to mail any documents, photos etc.
-- Less chances of human error as you fill in all the details online.
-- Very easy. Follow the steps online, pay the amount online.
Con's:
-- Need to go the local INS office for photo and fingerprinting.

Paper file:
Pro's:
-- No need to visit INS office. Fill in all the paper work and mail the packet.
Con's:
-- Cumbersome process to fill the documents. Cross check and mail.
Worry about if they received the application. Made no human errors while they entered the data etc. etc. Wait for the receipt to arrive.
-- Go to some store, get the photo's clicked as per the specifications.
Called the 800 number and made an appointment

Overall in my opinion efile is an easy process to follow (the instructions given in the beginning of the thread are very helpful.)

thanks.

For the fingerprinting for EAD, USCIS will not send a separate notice with the appt. They do it only for 485.

So once you get the EAD receipt, you should call the 800 number and make an appt for fingerprinting.

thanks.

maverickr77 said:
I did the same. I efiled, got an biometric apointment and got the fingerprinting done this weekend. On monday, I received the Receipt Notice for the EAD, where they mentioned that they will send an appointment for fingerprinting and that you MUST wait for the appointment before going to the ASC.

My question is : did you get a fingerprinting notice from USCIS after you got
the fingerprinting done on your own? IF yes, how did you notify them that you have already gotten the fingerprinting done?

thanks.

Uscis website says otherwise

"Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
If you are E-Filing Form I-765, you do NOT need to submit paper photographs and you do NOT need to self-schedule an appointment at an Application Support Center for the electronic capture of your biometrics. You will receive a notice in the mail from the USCIS that will provide you with your USCIS-scheduled appointment for capturing biometrics and photographs at an Application Support Center.
HTML:
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-photo.htm#I-765

Question regarding Filing EAD

We are waiting for our I-485 right now.We have filed the I-140 & 1-485 @ CSC, then later got transfer to TSC. Last year I got the EAD approved for my wife from CSC. I also got my I140 Approved from TSC a month ago.

Where should I have to file the EAD, TSC or CSC for renewal ?
Thanks
mrock

one more question:

EB based 765 EAD concurrent with 485......do we need to pay attention to economic necessity...see below in ead form???
If you are required to show economic necessity for yourcategory (See Part 2), submit a list of your assets, income andexpenses.****

Do PEOPLE STILL HELP ANSWER QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM?

Please I need an urgent response. My job depends on this. :eek:

If you have recently filed an EAD renewal, or at least know how it works - please answer. Thanks!! God will bless you abundantly.

It has been 97 days since I e-filed my ead. I received an nd and have done the fingerprints but nothing yet.

I am reading the e-file receipt again and it says to send in supporting documentation required from the I-130 form on the uscis form and fees page.

I didn't do this last year and everything went well. Has anyone recently filed for a renewal EAD? And did you mail anything in?

good luck!

Its hard to say what the rules are,when I called the 800 number I was told that I will be informed in case they need some supporting docs and told me not to send anything unless asked,I asked them that there is a checkbox which I have checked and they still said that dont send anything when nothing happened for almost 40 something days I sent the supporting doc on the very 3rd day(probably when they received the supporting docs) I saw LUD changed and within a week I got my EAD,this happened 2 weeks ago,I think you should send the supporting docs now, anyways it wouldnt hurt anything.

E file EAD

hello guys : I was reading all the threads, I am gonna share my situation and info repys and comments welcome, mine is family based green cars applied Adjust staus from student visa, it has been 3 years everything is done waiting for name check done by FBI, I use to renew EAD by visting local BCIS, this time I am late my EAD expires in 2 weeks ,I E files the applocation, went to BCIS they say thats it you dont need to sent any docs, reading this forum I any how sent supporting docs, I was told my immigraiton expert also called a lawyer he said I can continue working as I am married to USC and there are lot of laws which protect me if I overlap little bit say less than 120 or 180 days before my next EAD come.
I am earnign memeber of my family I got to work, my questio does any one ever be in this situation, has any one worked on expired EAD and than got other EAD renewal I mean? Please please please reply i am in lot of stress.
Thx

Reply to DNF_Babe

DNF_Babe,

I'm no expert but my lawyer told me that if it has been over 90 days since you filed for EAD renewal, USCIS or the local District Office (esp the LDO) will issue you a temporary card. You have to set up an InfoPass appt with the local office, take copies of all your receipts/documents and talk to an adjustment officer. He/She should be able to issue you a temp card very soon.

Hope this helps!

DNF_Babe said:
Please I need an urgent response. My job depends on this. :eek:

If you have recently filed an EAD renewal, or at least know how it works - please answer. Thanks!! God will bless you abundantly.

It has been 97 days since I e-filed my ead. I received an nd and have done the fingerprints but nothing yet.

I am reading the e-file receipt again and it says to send in supporting documentation required from the I-130 form on the uscis form and fees page.

I didn't do this last year and everything went well. Has anyone recently filed for a renewal EAD? And did you mail anything in?