I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

E-file Help

Did you concurrently E-File for I-765 and I-131.
If yes Did you send the Paper Photos along with AP supporting documents?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mailing supporting docs

Friends,

I have applied online for EAD and AP for me and my wife and went to ASC for finger printing. Now I am supposed to send supporting docs. Do we need to send documents seperatly for EAD and AP?

Thanks

arv_99 said:
Friends,

I have applied online for EAD and AP for me and my wife and went to ASC for finger printing. Now I am supposed to send supporting docs. Do we need to send documents seperatly for EAD and AP?

Thanks

Yes you are supposed to send the supporting docs separately for EAD and AP.

ead/ap

Thanks mini_labor

I have applied for EAD and AP Concurrently.
I went for the Biometrics and did the Biometrics for I-765 and I-131.
Still do i need to send the Paper Photos for the I-131 application even though I have done the biometrics for I-131 application?

Thanks in advance Folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Document Package for efiled EAD & AP

I did e-file EAD & AP concurrently for my spouse and myself

1. Do I need to send a seperate set of documents for EAD & AP in one Fedex mail for each applicant or a seperate Fedex mail for each type of application ?

2. Do I need to include employement letter and online status of my I-485 application in the doc list.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Bhasu said:
krishna,

Mine was new application for EAD that I did online. The onine reciept says like follow :
" Thank you for filing your BCIS benefit application electronically. Your application will be electronically transmitted to the BCIS location at the address below for processing. You will receive an official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) within 7-10 days by standard mail with the same Receipt Number found at the top of this page.
Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the BCIS Form Instructions links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm .
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you are submitting.
• DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
• DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
• DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
• DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by BCIS.
You must phone the BCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 [TTY 1-800-767-1883] to schedule an appointment with your local Application Support Center. You will need your BCIS Receipt Number and ASC Fingerprint Code to schedule the appointment.
• The Application Support Center will collect a digital photograph, signature, and fingerprint from you at your appointment.
• Please bring a copy of your e-filed application and this confirmation receipt with you to your appointment at the Application Support Center.
• YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL YOU HAVE APPEARED FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT AT THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER.
"

- Next I called the customer service and scheduled the appointment for Biometrics. Fortunately I got the appointment the very next day.
- I had to show the online receipt for Biometrics at ASC at Biometrics because I did'nt recieve the USCIS reciept till then.
- The Biometrics went smooth and no questions asked. They took the impression of index finger, electronic signature and digital pic.
- Next day I mailed all the required papers to USCIS. I used Fedex for confirmation of receipt and in documents referenced wrote " EAD docs myname". So that the Fedex reciept shows the reference of documents.
- Case got approved on 16th day of applying.
- I recieved the card after 32 days of applying.

hope this helps
Did they stamp your confirmation receipt at ASC?
Did you send the stapmed conf. receipt with supporting documents to USCIS?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Anahit,
I have sent all the documentation and I got an RFE to send photographs, and I have sent it. After responding to the RFE I went to the local ASC center to get the Interim EAD.

Krishna

krishna09 said:
Hi Anahit,
I have sent all the documentation and I got an RFE to send photographs, and I have sent it. After responding to the RFE I went to the local ASC center to get the Interim EAD.

Krishna
Thanks for your response, Krishna. But, you did not answer my questions.
Did you send the stamped confirmation notice with the supporting documentation?

EAD Fingerprint

My first EAD renewal is submitted along with the G28 for the notice of appearance. When I talk to the paralegal about going for a fingerprint, they mentioned that going for fingerprint is old process. I don’t need to do that and that in the new process ?. Any idea is it correct or not?. Any help will be appreciated.

If you do e-file, then you need to go for fingerprints. Otherwise (manual application) then there is no finger print appointment

Labor_Wait said:
My first EAD renewal is submitted along with the G28 for the notice of appearance. When I talk to the paralegal about going for a fingerprint, they mentioned that going for fingerprint is old process. I don’t need to do that and that in the new process ?. Any idea is it correct or not?. Any help will be appreciated.

MA_Labor said:
Hi,
I filed the online application for EAD (I-765) on behalf of my wife. But while filling up the form, I mistakenly entered the "Country of Citizenship/ Nationality" as "USA", instead of "India". I have been calling the 800 numbers for NSC, but the CSRs are of no help. What do you think that I should do in this case? I am thinking of correcting the typo in the printed application and highliting it and include it along with the supporting docs. Please let me know if you have any ideas?

Thanks!

I also did the same mistake. Pls reply to my private message.

Guys,
Here is what I did to renew my EAD. ( I did not use E file).

I filled out the form with renewal checked, put in all supporting docs such as i 485 receipt, old i-94, passport copy, photographs and check for specified fees. I think $180.00. Do I have to do something else? I had my fingerprinting for I 485 done last year April 2005. Is there new finger print required for EAD renewal? Last EAD was given without finger print. My category is c(9) which means "based on pending I 485 and approved I 140 application". Pls tell me guys am i missing something here? My EAD expires on Jun 20 and I applied on March 21st.
Many thanks.

Hi Friends,

I did my e-filling of EAD few days back.
Can someone please tell me the next steps?

Where and how do I take the appointment for photos and FP?
If infopass then what option to pick?

Do I need to wait for the hard copy of the receipt to receive?

Please help.

Thanks.

sksave said:
Hi Friends,

I did my e-filling of EAD few days back.
Can someone please tell me the next steps?

Where and how do I take the appointment for photos and FP?
If infopass then what option to pick?

Do I need to wait for the hard copy of the receipt to receive?

Please help.

Thanks.

Just call the 1-800 number listed on your Confirmation Receipt pdf. Tell the person who are you talking to that you need to set up a biometrics appt for your EAD. That's all. You don't need an infopass.

How long does it take to get a receipt notice from Texas?

Could anyone tell me how long it takes for you to receive the notice after you filed EAD by mail?

Last year, my EAD was approved in two weeks at Texas Service Center. I sent my renewal more than three weeks ago, and have not heard anything back, niether the check was deposited by TSC.

My EAD expires in a month, and I am worried about the process.

Thank you in advance for your response.

New step-by-step Instructions for EAD renewal.

Guys who have done the EAD/AP renewal online :
Could someone post the new step-by-step instructions and
tips to avoid the most common mistakes etc.

OP's First Post was very detail but the LUD on it was 29th March 2004.

Please post newer instructions if any.

I e-filed I-765 on March 3rd but I haven't gotten a new card yet.
But I never sent supporting documents because I didn't know about them.
Should I send the supporting documents now or just keep waiting?
I'm afraid becaust it's too late now, they have to start it over.
For the refernece, my EAD expires tomorrow.
If anybody experienced this kind of situation, please give me some advice.

After you e-filed I-765, you should have printed out the confirmation receipt. You should send the supporting documents as mentioned on the receipt and make a finger print appointment by calling 800 number. You have to do it and go to CIS local office to get a interim EAD either today or tomorrow.