I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

NIW2005RFE said:
Hi folks,

what if I do not have the following two things?

- Copy of Previous EAD mailer
- Cut out mailer of previous EAD Approval.

I guess I lost them. Will this affect my renewal at all? Do you think my lawyer maybe have copies?

Thanks a lot!!

No big deal. The list of itmnes you are referring to are compiled based on all the RFEs received in the past and all the good things to have in place so that all goes smoothly. Even if you don't have these, you will still get the renewal just fine.

Guys,

I need advice for filing online EAD. My 140/485 filed concurrently. I also did FP code 3. Now I want to file online EAD, can I file it? Also what are the documents required. I read this thread and most of it is for EAD renewal. Can you please let me know, I am doing this for the first time.

Thanks in advance,

Question About EAD e-filing

Can someone please help me in regards to the efiling for EAD.

My I485 has been filed by my company's lawyer who is also pursuing H1B Extn beyond 6 yrs.
As a backup I am planning to do e-filing EAD on my own. I do have all the Original Recipt notices for I485 / and Approval Notice for I140.
Now my question is, since my company's Lawyer is representing my case, would the notification of filing EAD will go to him Or will come to me .

Can someone with similar experience reply please.

Thanks

The notification goes to you directly. It doesn't go to the lawyer at all.
For each application you have sign a form if you want a lawyer to represent on that filing. Otherwise it just goes to you only.
H1B 7th year extension is good!

Bhasu said:
Can someone please help me in regards to the efiling for EAD.

My I485 has been filed by my company's lawyer who is also pursuing H1B Extn beyond 6 yrs.
As a backup I am planning to do e-filing EAD on my own. I do have all the Original Recipt notices for I485 / and Approval Notice for I140.
Now my question is, since my company's Lawyer is representing my case, would the notification of filing EAD will go to him Or will come to me .

Can someone with similar experience reply please.

Thanks

EAD/AP Dilemma

Hi guys,

Gurus - ned help - my EAD, AP expires on December 8th 2005, I have about 8 days to apply for a renewal - I am on a 8th year extension of my H1B which will expire September 8th 2006 and my employer is willing to do 9th year...I have 485 pending (EB3, RIR with Feb02 as PD)...my passport has visa which expired in 2004...I have to travel to India next year August - is there a possibility that the stamping in India will be denied and do I need a AP?

1. Do I renew my EAD, AP or do I carry on with the H1B/H4?
2. Will my travel next year need the AP/EAD or will the H1 7th and 8th year extension notice do?
3. How hard is it to E-File myself - attorney fees are very high...

Thanks guys - I really need some help here!

Last edited by a moderator:
ronbans said:
Hi guys,

Gurus - ned help - my EAD, AP expires on December 8th 2005, I have about 8 days to apply for a renewal - I am on a 8th year extension of my H1B which will expire September 8th 2006 and my employer is willing to do 9th year...I have 485 pending (EB3, RIR with Feb02 as PD)...my passport has visa which expired in 2004...I have to travel to India next year August - is there a possibility that the stamping in India will be denied and do I need a AP?
>>From the data given so far, hard to say why your H1 stamping in India might get denied. Personally I don't see any problem.

>>The choice is yours.
2. Will my travel next year need the AP/EAD or will the H1 7th and 8th year extension notice do?
>>The H1 extensions (9th year extension) should do it. If you travel to India next August and 8th year extension expires in September you might be in a tough spot when re-entering on such a border line. Consider getting 9th year extension approval in hand before you leave US. However it is good to have AP as backup. Please note that it is better to get 9th year extension done before you leave US. Lets say your 9th year extension is still under process and for some reason you had to re-enter on AP then that is considered as abandoning the H1 extension which is still under processing with USCIS. Of course you can re-enter safely but you loose the money you invested in 9th year extension.

>>Very Easy. I did it on my own and got the approval. You just need to have your I485 filing receipts handy and there are plenty of recources and walk thrus available on this forum.
Even if you use AP to re-enter US, you could still continue using H1 (extensions) for work authorizations. It doesn't automatically switch to EAD.

ronbans said:
Hi guys,

After Applying for I-485 and allready extending your 6yr period .

1. Never travel without AP whether you use it or not
2. YOu can allways do online it is very easy
If you r not confident use insexpert.com for online ($40-80)
3. Once you have crossed 6years there is no extordinary advantage in extending H1's.
If there is deniel same day your h1/ead/AP are denied together
4.Having extending h1 is advantegeous for folks who have not completed 6yrs so that they can still work in h1.

5.If there is denial allways there are ways to refile and disadvantage is that you are not suppose to work untill obtain a new EAD. Either way ppl with 6yrs and above does not have any other alternative.

Do not take this as rule if you are in doubt contact attorney and also browse throug Google you get lot of info.

gc_for_me1 said:
Guys,

I need advice for filing online EAD. My 140/485 filed concurrently. I also did FP code 3. Now I want to file online EAD, can I file it? Also what are the documents required. I read this thread and most of it is for EAD renewal. Can you please let me know, I am doing this for the first time.

Thanks in advance,

1. USCIS Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
2. Two identical color photographs as per the specifications
3. Copy of your current passport
4. Copy of the USCIS Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Document issued to you when you entered the U.S.
5. Copies of documents which indicate your current status
6. If you have applied for adjustment of status, a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your adjustment of status application is pending

Thanks...

Hi mnhrdc,

Thanks for your help - I have decided to e-file on my own for EAD/AP...

One other question, you say never travel without the AP...do you think it is better I go back to India and get the H1/H4 stamped with the H1/H4 approvals for the last 2 years and use that to come back (it is now expired in my passport for 2 years now) OR should I just come back using EAD/AP provided I get approvals now...I do not want to risk anything when I am coming back of course :confused: Is there any problems of using EAD/AP to re-enter?

Thanks again - Roni
mnhrdc said:

3. Once you have crossed 6years there is no extordinary advantage in extending H1's.
4.Having extending h1 is advantegeous for folks who have not completed 6yrs so that they can still work in h1.

5.If there is denial allways there are ways to refile and disadvantage is that you are not suppose to work untill obtain a new EAD. Either way ppl with 6yrs and above does not have any other alternative.

Do not take this as rule if you are in doubt contact attorney and also browse throug Google you get lot of info.

Question New EAD

Dear all ,
Most of the postings here are for renewal for EADs. I am on H1b that is expiring in Jan2006 but my employer filed for 7th Yr Extn in Sep.

Now as a backup plan I wish to do EAD without telling my employer - guess for peace of mind. Now is it Ok to file a new EAD or anyone had problems and cautions while doing so.

Pls share and advice

Thanks

EAD renewal & AP online

I renewed EAD and AP online and I was instructed to send the support documents. What docs do I need to send for

1) EAD applications
2) for AP application

I called the for scheduled appointment and got it done very next day. I still need to post the supporting docs. Could you guys help me out

Rose101 said:
Check that if you are sending it to PO box then do not send using CERTIFIED MAIL + RETURN RECEIPT or else it is possibe that the application will be returned back .... as in my case....I sent it so foolishly without checking it requires a signature to be delivered.... And who is going to sign it for PO box ?

I have to send documents to Service Centre today for EAD renewal

I was planning to send them certified mail + return receipt.

What is the Best method to send them?

Third EAD renew - online or Paper

My EAD will expire on last week of April 2006. this month I switch job from H1b to EAD. Filed AC21 also.

I did last time paper file for EAD renew. eFile is good ? If I do paper file then still I need to for fingerprint? (any rules changed ???)

If I do eFile.. Will I get fingerprint/photo appointment quick? I am in Minneapolis ? Anyone have done recently?

Thanks

EAD Efile

I did Efile for EAD application myself. It was so easy.. thanks to members for providing the info. However, I did miss writing my LIN # for I140 and I485 in the additional info worksheet but did mention my Alien # and my category correctly. Hope they will correct the error or will send me RFE I guess

I did send the packet for supporting documents via Fedex. I did get confirmation of delievery online the very next day. I did reference the letter as "I-765 Docs Efile : myname". Incase USCIS screwup. You might use USPS or UPS but make sure you have proper tracking ... just to make sure that your docs reached the right place. Any way all cost the same.

I sent the following list of docs :
- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice.
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with NSC).
- Online Status of my pending I485 receipt.
- Copy of Approval Notice for I-140 Petition.
- Copy of I-94 (Front & Back).
- Copy of Passport (Bio-graphic data).
- Copy of Drivers License.
- Copy of Current H1B Approval Notice.
- Copy of Notice of Receipt for H1B Extension for 7th Year.
- Online Status of H1B 7th Year Extension.

I called USCIS help desk at the tel # given in receipt Notice and scheduled my appointment at ASC (Detroit in my case). It was given for next day. Went to ASC 1/5 hr before scheduled time, needed to show my Drivers Licence and Confirmation of Efile. Also took the complete copy of application including the Confirmation Receipt. I carried copy of all the docs sent to USCIS in case required (they did ask me to show the I-485 Receipt Notice). Did my Rt Hand Index Finger printing (code2) and electronic signature and digi pic. Was done in 10 minutes...
Checked my Case update online after couple of hours. The status didnt change but LUD did get updated to FP date.

Now the wait starts for EAD .............

Thanks to all for providing info on this forum for efiling. This is the way to go dude ....

what do you mean by I-485 Petition?

Hi,
I have a couple of questions, can you please tell me what do you mean by
"Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with NSC)."?
is it the I-485 receipt that we receieve from USCIS.?

and also another question is

If I am currently working on EAD, what should be the "Current Immigration Status", Becuase i dont see "Adjustment of Status" in the drop down that is provided there?

any idea please!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks inadvance
gcwait2005

Bhasu,
Is your EAD application renewal or new?. I applied for renewal thro online and online receipt says to call customer service and get the appointment for fingure printing. But the receipt I received from USCIS for the above application says
"If this receipt is for I90, I-485, or I-698 application
Biometrics - (fingerprint, photo, signature)
The next step is to have you biomentrics taken at USCIS Application SUpport Center (ASC). Call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 to schedule your appointment ........"

Did you show your receipt from USCIS or online receipt to the ASC? Did ASC took your biomentrics with out asking any questions

krishna

krishna09 said:
Bhasu,
Is your EAD application renewal or new?. I applied for renewal thro online and online receipt says to call customer service and get the appointment for fingure printing. But the receipt I received from USCIS for the above application says
"If this receipt is for I90, I-485, or I-698 application
Biometrics - (fingerprint, photo, signature)
The next step is to have you biomentrics taken at USCIS Application SUpport Center (ASC). Call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 to schedule your appointment ........"

Did you show your receipt from USCIS or online receipt to the ASC? Did ASC took your biomentrics with out asking any questions

krishna

krishna,

Mine was new application for EAD that I did online. The onine reciept says like follow :
" Thank you for filing your BCIS benefit application electronically. Your application will be electronically transmitted to the BCIS location at the address below for processing. You will receive an official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) within 7-10 days by standard mail with the same Receipt Number found at the top of this page.
Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the BCIS Form Instructions links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm .
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you are submitting.
• DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
• DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
• DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
• DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by BCIS.
You must phone the BCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 [TTY 1-800-767-1883] to schedule an appointment with your local Application Support Center. You will need your BCIS Receipt Number and ASC Fingerprint Code to schedule the appointment.
• The Application Support Center will collect a digital photograph, signature, and fingerprint from you at your appointment.
• Please bring a copy of your e-filed application and this confirmation receipt with you to your appointment at the Application Support Center.
• YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL YOU HAVE APPEARED FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT AT THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER.
"

- Next I called the customer service and scheduled the appointment for Biometrics. Fortunately I got the appointment the very next day.
- I had to show the online receipt for Biometrics at ASC at Biometrics because I did'nt recieve the USCIS reciept till then.
- The Biometrics went smooth and no questions asked. They took the impression of index finger, electronic signature and digital pic.
- Next day I mailed all the required papers to USCIS. I used Fedex for confirmation of receipt and in documents referenced wrote " EAD docs myname". So that the Fedex reciept shows the reference of documents.
- Case got approved on 16th day of applying.
- I recieved the card after 32 days of applying.

hope this helps

mnhrdc said:

Thanks for the website. But a small correction its www.insexperts.com