I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

I just got my biometrics done for my I765. It was code 2.

Does anyone know why they will need biometrics for EAD? Will they use the fingerprint to run name check also?

waitingdood,

I don't think Fingerprints are needed for I-765 (EAD), unless its interim EAD.

Folks, please share your experiences.

Thanks !

I did have to get my fingerprints done for my EAD 2nd year extension. Also I got a separate biometrics appointment for my 485 in the 2nd year.

perm_faq said:
waitingdood,

I don't think Fingerprints are needed for I-765 (EAD), unless its interim EAD.

Folks, please share your experiences.

Thanks !

Depends.
If you are fyling online then you have to go for fingerprinting.

SOS---please help me out

I had e-filed for my 3rd EAD online.Receipt dated 9th aug. I scheduled an appointment for fingerprinting. But today when Iwent for fingerprinting , they sent me back saying that i needed an Appointment notice , what should i do .please advise at the earliest as i have also received an RFE due to marriage certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
rajkapoor said:
I had e-filed for my 3rd EAD online.Receipt dated 9th aug. I scheduled an appointment for fingerprinting. But today when Iwent for fingerprinting , they sent me back saying that i needed an Appointment notice , what should i do .please advise at the earliest as i have also received an RFE due to marriage certificate.

Filing for 3rd EAD

My perm address is california
I however moved to MN and haven't done the address change.

Can i apply for my 3rd EAD online and get to do finger printing in MN?

RajKapoor:
What supporting document did you mail if any?
You did take the 765 aplication pdf that was emailed given to you when you efiled?

rajkapoor said:

Fingerprinting for EAD renewal

All
My EAD is expiring in Feb 2006. When should I apply for EAD renewal? My 485 is pending at VSC.
If I understand it correctly, if I send EAD renewal papers by mail I do not need to go for fingerprinting? Please share your experience?

In the case I need to go for fingerprinting. When do I go for actual fingerprinting after filing? Approx how much time after filing will I hear back from VSC for fingerprinting appointment?

man123 said:
All
My EAD is expiring in Feb 2006. When should I apply for EAD renewal? My 485 is pending at VSC.
If I understand it correctly, if I send EAD renewal papers by mail I do not need to go for fingerprinting? Please share your experience?

In the case I need to go for fingerprinting. When do I go for actual fingerprinting after filing? Approx how much time after filing will I hear back from VSC for fingerprinting appointment?

Its right time you apply for the EAD.
If you are only banking on EAD to work then you better do it fast.
These days the EAD is coming pretty fast (1-2 months max). But if it takes more time and your previous EAD expires then you would have to stop wroking until you get the new EAD.
However if you have the EAD renewal pending for 4 months then you can get an intereim EAD and continue to work.
So it always safer to apply for renewal when 4 month are left. The bad thing is that if the EAD renewal comes fast (say 2 weeks) then the next year renewal is effective from the date of the new EAD approval. In other words you could possible loose 3 months (or 200/4 = $50). It costs about $200 including the fees, photograph, mailing costs etc.
Therefore potentially you could end up applying about 5 EAD's in 4 years.

neocor

CERTIFIED MAIL + RETURN RECEIPT -- Not for PO box

Check that if you are sending it to PO box then do not send using CERTIFIED MAIL + RETURN RECEIPT or else it is possibe that the application will be returned back .... as in my case....I sent it so foolishly without checking it requires a signature to be delivered.... And who is going to sign it for PO box ?

Is fingerprinting needed?

Thanks for your response.

Please let me know if I need fingerprinting if I apply for EAD using paperbased form and NOT efile?

man123 said:
Thanks for your response.

Please let me know if I need fingerprinting if I apply for EAD using paperbased form and NOT efile?

No you dont. Only E-File requires fingerprinting.

neocor

Hi Neocor,
My EAD expires in Feb 2006 also. I have e-filed for EAD/AP extension on Oct 8th and promptly called at the provided number to get appointment at local ASC for digital photo/finger printing. However they do not have any dates available until Nov 28th. Does it mean that they will not start processing my application until December and it might take about 3 months from December for pproval? I am now thinking why did I even opt for e-file? :mad:

Anyone has experience with EAD extension filing online and the timeline involved (at NSC)?

Thanks!

Grandhipal:
The good thing about the Appointment process is you can pick and coose a place where you want thefinger printing and photo taken. I'm from st paul office but drove to a smaller place like Omaha to get them done as i got a apointment there within a week. You can pick any smaller city close to where you live and get done with it within a week!

Hope the info helps.

EAD for student OPT

Hello,
In I-765 (EAD) form item: "Have you before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" Does it include EAD for student OPT? (I received it but did not use it)
Thank you,
Asib

Applying EAD needs employer letter ?

Gurus,
My employer filed for I-140 & 485 on before sept 30 but did not file for EAD and AP. I received receipts for 140 & 485. If I've to apply EAD by myself (without attorney) do I need an employer letter along with it or just a copy of my pending 485 should be fine?

thanks in advance...

EAD online renewal question

Hi folks,

what if I do not have the following two things?

- Copy of Previous EAD mailer
- Cut out mailer of previous EAD Approval.

I guess I lost them. Will this affect my renewal at all? Do you think my lawyer maybe have copies?

Thanks a lot!!

Asib said:
Hello,
In I-765 (EAD) form item: "Have you before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" Does it include EAD for student OPT? (I received it but did not use it)
Thank you,
Asib

Yes, it does. In fact you would (typically) use the A# you obtained from applying for EAD when filing for 485. If you didn't do that way it is no big deal.