I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

In "Is it Possible to correct an e-filed EAd" you wrote:
"I sent them the online application I have filled with errors and highlighted the errors with a highlighter."
Did you send this to your Service Center (where supporting documents would have to be sent). or is there a special place to send for e-filed I-765 applications?

(I have made a big error in my I-765 e-filed application, and trying to figure what I should do!)

Thanks.

Question about E Filing EAD

thanks for excellent info.
I have already completed Biometerics( including digital photos). do I need to do it again when I efile for EAD?

troubleshooter said:
thanks for excellent info.
I have already completed Biometerics( including digital photos). do I need to do it again when I efile for EAD?
Yes you have to take new appointment code 2 for EAD.
rrml

manish11122 said:
Hi,

this is a great forum, Thank you all for all the helpful tips.

I filed my I 765 and AP for renewal Online a few weeks back myself and have a apointment in next few days to visit a USCIS center for FP and Photos.

:confused:

If yes than can you guys help me and provde me a list of Documents I need to mail out with a mailing address PLEASE.

Thanks a Ton

Manish

Hi Manish
Do you know if a first time AP can be applied by the beneficiary(not by attorney) through online.
thanks

EAD Approved

I eFiled my 2nd EAD on MAY 25 2005 and got 12 emails for me and my wife. My heart was beating when i saw 12 emails thinking abt 485 emails but it was for EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you realy need the confirmation letter for the biometric appointment?

HI,

I e-filed the EAD on July 07 and then scheduled a biometric appointment on July 12. The NCS lady told to bring my confirmation letter sent by TSC with me at the ASC appointment. I am not sure the letter will arrive by Monday July 11. My question is;

DO you must have the TSC letter for the fp and photos????

The reason for all this hassle is because I live in New Mexico and its crazy here, the earliest biometric is August 11 !!!! and luckily I got a spot on July 11!!!

Anyone who went to the ASC please advice!!!

Photos & Biometrics?

Do i need to go for photos & Biometrics for Ead renewal, even if i have already finished Biometrics for 485?

Thanks.

What is the Code for Advance Parole : is it DA

fledglingImg said:
I was using the efile system today for EAD renewal and had a quick question about the current status options-
For parolees there are 3 options

DA: ADVANCE PAROLE (DISTRICT AUTH)
DE: PAROLEE (DEFERRED INSPECTION)
DT: PAROLEE (DISTRICT/POE AUTH)

If Ive entered the country on a AP document which option is the applicable? Seems like DA but just wanted to be sure.

Please reply soon.

Thanks

Why is nobody answering this question.
Looks like so many have E-Filed the EAD having entered in Advance Parole.

I have just gone through all the pages of this thread and only got a suggestion that be safe and enter PAR.
There is another who suggested to use the one that there officer wrote on the I-94.

Can any informed person sed some light on it please?

neocor said:
Why is nobody answering this question.
Looks like so many have E-Filed the EAD having entered in Advance Parole.

I have just gone through all the pages of this thread and only got a suggestion that be safe and enter PAR.
There is another who suggested to use the one that there officer wrote on the I-94.

Can any informed person sed some light on it please?

I believe you need to use PAR: Parolee if you got a regular AP document..

Last edited by a moderator:
I already put DA.

gccraver said:
I believe you need to use PAR: Parolee if you got a regular AP document..

Too late response but thanks anyway gccraver. I already put DA, lets see how it goes. I will post it here for others to refer.

Certifying I-131 forms

A very naive question on e-filing:

What's "Title" (the field after Print Name) on the certify forms page? Is it same as salutation?

I am concurrently e-filing Advance Parole applications for both me and my wife. I will really appreciate it if someone who has used e-filing can address my concern.

Thanks

I was confused about "Title" too, and I believe you can leave it blank.
I didn't want to leave it blank and entered "Principal Applicant" instead.
Its a non-critical field as I understand.

-gccraver

Good question. I think I assumed it to be salutation and skipped the entirely for my wife. Probably I overlooked the field.
But I am not worried much with that as a non-critical field.
that reminds me I have yet to send in the copies in mail.

What is a EAD mailer

eb2_I485_RD0901 said:
You can do it yourself if you have the required docs:
DO you have the required docs ??

- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice
- Copy of Current EAD (Front & Back)
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with TSC)
- Online Status of my I485 receipt
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition
- Copy of Previous EAD mailer
- Cut out mailer of previous EAD Approval.
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data)
- Copy of Drivers License

Second question is: my spouse's working permit expired on December 03. Can she still apply electronically?

I think you can apply ; I did not see anything which says you can not apply if current EAD is expired : Please check this
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-i-765.htm

What are these items?
- Online Status of my I485 receipt
Is this just a print out of the online status from the USCIS web site.

- Copy of Previous EAD mailer
Is this the EAD recipt notice of the previous EAD filing?

- Cut out mailer of previous EAD Approval.
This i am more confused. There is no approval notice for EAD, I only have the EAD card. And what is cut out mailer?

neocor

Please Need Last Minute help for e-filing EAD renewal

I changed my job and now working in a new company using my EAD and my EAD will expire on mid November. I’m planning to renew by myself through e-filing in CSC. Anyone is there anyone who e-filed by himself in CSC? I have few question please help me to solve.

1. Any idea how early can one apply for an EAD extension? I went through this portal and find that it would be better if you file before 90 days. Can I file before 90+10 days? I’m asking this because first I asked my lawyer to do that she said I can’t renew before 90 days. I’m little confused.

2. I already sent my AC21 by Lawyer (who filled my LC and everything from 1st day).So now if I renew EAD by myself not by Lawyer, is there any harm? Will this create any hassles further.

3. Have you ever before applied for employment Authorization form BCIS? What will be the answer? Should the answer be:

the date my last EAD application was received at the service center (received date on I-765 receipt notice)

or
the date my last EAD application was noticed at the service center

or
the date my last EAD was issued

4. Current status
I’m working by EAD it means my status is “AOS Pending”. Am I right?

5. “Always check the box which says I will be mailing supporting docs !!” In which address I’ve to send all supporting documents for California Service Center?

6. I have no plan to renew my AP right now can I do it just before one month of AP Expire Date?

7. If I renew my EAD by Lawyer and after that if I renew my wife’s EAD by myself will this create any hassles further?

Please reply.
Thank you.
Sd70

Give some opinnion ! Urgent Please reply!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I just efilled fro EAD renewal. Everything goen right but after completing and when i took the print out of entire application i noticed that:

In the print OUT of saved PDF file:

1. Where i write state mane of birth , it appeared half, some letter are not printed out.

2. In number 16 where in the particular text box i explain my current status and I-485 and I-140 recepit number it also appeared half, some letter are not printed out.

DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE DATA I GAVE THEY LOOSE ?

I'm on EAD and it will expire within 90+18 days, so I'm really worried now.

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70

Urgent. Urgent. Please reply.

Hi,

I just efilled fro EAD renewal. Everything goen right but after completing and when i took the print out of entire application i noticed that:

1. Where i write state mane of birth , it appeared half, some letter are not printed out.
2. Also Calfornia Service Center .....it appeared half, some letter are not printed out.
3. But most important, in number 16 where in the particular text box i explain my current status and I-485 and I-140 recepit number it also appeared half, some letter are not printed out.

What Can I do now?
Do you think i don't have any hope?

If i file again can it cause harm? Then what will be about this efile, cancel or ?
If i file again do i have to give information about this efile also?

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70

Urgent Question

My EB2 case was filed in TSC Dec 26 2002 - I changed jobs and moved to Chocago in June 2003 (AC-21). My case got transferred to Chicago local office Oct 5 2004 and have heard northing ever since - my H-1 runs out Oct 2005, and I'm also trying for an H-1 extension.
To play safe, I also filed for an EAD today online - for some reason, even though I picked the Chicago district office as where my case was pending, it seems to have directed my case to the National Benefits Center, and also directs me to mail supporting docs there. Is this unusual? I am a little worried that I may have misindicated something on my application (that got it confused with a family case) - I filled c(9) as the eligibility criteria.
Please advise me - I am running on a thin timeline here.
Thanks very much in advance.

sd70 said:
Hi,

2. Also Calfornia Service Center .....it appeared half, some letter are not printed out.
3. But most important, in number 16 where in the particular text box i explain my current status and I-485 and I-140 recepit number it also appeared half, some letter are not printed out.

What Can I do now?
Do you think i don't have any hope?

If i file again can it cause harm? Then what will be about this efile, cancel or ?
If i file again do i have to give information about this efile also?

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70

I did notice that in my saved pdf a part of the I-485 explanation section was chopped off, fortunately some unimportant stuff in my case. But I think you
should call the 1-800 number for setting up the appointment and ensure
that they have all the info on the app at that time.

- gccraver