I 751 waiver help

doc w

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I have a question reg. I 751 waiver.
My question is, when I file for waiver, if we go for no fault divorce, can I still give domestic violence as one of the reasons. I have a protective order, and some documentation to prove. I am also worried since the marriage lasted only a short while even though we have been living together for more than two years as partners. I have proof for that too.
Yes, I have all the documentation to prove bona fide marriage from before, yet now all assets and property have been divided separately due to agreement.Any advice will be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
File an I-751 when the divorce is finalised. When your interview comes around, then if asked why you both split, then present the protective order and other such documents.

My question is, when I file for waiver, if we go for no fault divorce, can I still give domestic violence as one of the reasons.

Just checking in to see if there are any others with a short marriage filing for waiver. Mine was short because of domestic violence which made it impossible to stay with the spouse.Any advice will be appreciated. I am very stressed already with the domestic problems, and when I have left a whole life back and started a new one and this has happened. Is there any benefit in showing some proof of the domestic violence?