I-751 Waiver APPROVED!

EspoMan

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys, today I got my approval notice from USCIS for my 751 Waiver. The reason I am posting this is because I want people to read this and have hope that things will go ok. I was only married a year when I got divorced and I thought that there would be no way I was going to get approved, but I did. It took a month and a half! Below is my timeline. I want to say thanks to everyone who has helped me out on these forums.

God Bless.

My timeline:

I-751 Waiver (divorced)
Sent: 01/12/09
Received: 01/14/09
BIO Appointment: 02/11/09
Approval Notice: 02/25/09

Big congratulations! :D

Do you mind listing what evidence you included in your i-751 waiver?
Doh! I thought I forgot something... :D

The evidence I sent:

• Copy of Divorce Decree
• Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage.
• An affidavit from MY EX WIFE attesting to our relationship and marriage.
• Copy of our 2007 joint US tax return
• Copy of our 2007 joint US tax return transcripts from the IRS.
• Copy of our 2007 State income tax return
• Copy of our 2008 Stimulus payment Check from the Government
• Copies of our Joint Bank Account Statements
• Copy of MY EX WIFE’S Drivers License and Social Security Card.
• Copy of paystubs showing both of us working for the same employer and same address on Paystubs.
• Copy of medical insurance cards with both names.
• Copy of joint healthcare statements
• Print out from my employer showing two-person coverage for dental, medical, and vision.
• Copy of joint lease agreement for our apartment.
• Copies of (4) checks showing rent payments from our joint account.
• Copy of a joint motorcycle loan in both of our names
• Copy of motorcycle registration cards in both names
• Copy of joint motorcycle insurance in both names.
• Copy of wedding band purchase receipt
• Copies of various cards sent to each other / cards sent from family/friends to us.
• Photos of us together before and after we got married.

For people that are submitting Waivers, the most important thing to send to USCIS is a letter explaining what happened with your relationship. You have to explain why you split up, divorced etc.. Explain how you met etc.. A good friend of mine which was in the same boat as me got an RFE because of this. FYI, very important!

wow ... you are one lucky man.

I filed jointly for the I-751 on Dec 23, 2008. I received a letter extending my GC for a year and thats it. No word on the GC iteself.

Did you hire a lawyer?

Jzee

wow ... you are one lucky man.

I filed jointly for the I-751 on Dec 23, 2008. I received a letter extending my GC for a year and thats it. No word on the GC iteself.

Did you hire a lawyer?

Jzee
Nope, did it on my own.

My input here from some experience volunteering for such cases:

Do not underestimate the value of a Mental Health Physician's statement if you have taken any form of counseling-alone or jointly. A statement to validate your statement.

Sorry this is a repost incase someone doesn't come to other thread. I am desperate for help.:confused:

Hey guys,

I am going through a very serious dilemma. I got married to a USC in November 2008 when I was 23 and she was 16. We did the court marriage and decided that two years later when we finished her High school we'll do the traditional marriage and move in together. I filed my AOS through her and received my CPR card on 03/25/09. Now things are not the same her whole family has taken a major Uturn they dont like me or my family and neither do we. Although me and herself are in love with each other and want to spend our lives together but her mom is brainwashing her and telling her that I am cheating on her so on and so forth so she would leave me.

My question is since I just received my CPR how tough would it be to get the waiver approved and any suggestions on the additional documents I may need.

Here is a list of documents that I currently have:
1-Pictures from engagement
2-Pictures from reception (Mega reception spent around 10k for it)
3-Pictures from family trips together to different places
4-Pictures from my graduation together
5-My 401k, Life insurance, health insurance, dental and vision insurance including her.
6-Bank Account together.
7-Tax returns from last year showing us both as dependents on my brothers returns as we both didnt work last year.
8-Affidavits from 2 friends that it is a bonafide marriage.
9-Her ID having my address.
10-Mental stress therapy notes from Doctor.
11-Her wedding ring receipts.
12-Various receipts from stores where we bought stuff together.

Here is what I dont have.
1- Auto insurance (she doesnt have a D/L)
2- Her school still has her old address since if we change that she'd have to change her school

Now if her mom convinces her to divorce me do I have enough evidence that I can pursue the case or should I just head home.

WOW... how long does the divorce take?

Do you need certain divorcing reason to get waivered ?

You have to be divorced to file the waiver... So i m guessing her mom will force her for divorce soon... then I will file the waiver.

You have to be divorced to file the waiver... So i m guessing her mom will force her for divorce soon... then I will file the waiver.

hi all i am reading this thread carefull i would like to know can we apply waiver with out dirvorce>thanks