I-751 Status Online

frannod

Registered Users (C)
I read someplace that we couldn't check the status of I-751 online, but decided to plug my receipt # into the new USCIS website, and I got this message:

'Receipt # EAC----------
Application Type: CRI89, CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE I-89 CARD RECEIVED AT SERVICE CENTER
Current Status:
Your CRI89 CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE I-89 CARD RECEIVED AT SERVICE CENTER was received on October 26, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates'....

Anyone else got this message for their I-751 application. I thought Application type would be something like 'Application to Remove conditions on Residence'.
I filed to remove conditions on:
9/29/06 - Sent Package ...Nothing received from USCIS.
Called 800# on 11/1 and got the following info:
Package receipt date: 10/2
Check cashed: 10/2
File Updated: 10/26.....

frannod said:
I read someplace that we couldn't check the status of I-751 online, but decided to plug my receipt # into the new USCIS website, and I got this message:

'Receipt # EAC----------
Application Type: CRI89, CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE I-89 CARD RECEIVED AT SERVICE CENTER
Current Status:
Your CRI89 CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE I-89 CARD RECEIVED AT SERVICE CENTER was received on October 26, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates'....

Anyone else got this message for their I-751 application. I thought Application type would be something like 'Application to Remove conditions on Residence'.
I filed to remove conditions on:
9/29/06 - Sent Package ...Nothing received from USCIS.
Called 800# on 11/1 and got the following info:
Package receipt date: 10/2
Check cashed: 10/2
File Updated: 10/26.....

That's a new standard message people get when service center receives the old GC.
I-751 is still untrackable. So you will not be able to see any progress on your application. The only way to check the status is to call the misinformation line, or to make an infopass... Or just wait for the approval letter.

That's what I thought, but I never sent in my Old GC at all. All I sent them is my I751 application, and have received nothing. I got the receipt #, etc. from the customer service line.
Thanks.

frannod said:
That's what I thought, but I never sent in my Old GC at all. All I sent them is my I751 application, and have received nothing. I got the receipt #, etc. from the customer service line.
Thanks.

Hm.... That's strange, but not unusual. They have changed the process of applying, as far as I know. When I applied in May 2005, it was all different - they didn't even ask for na old GC to be mailed (they took it at infopass, after an applicant was approved), and now they do. May be they a little ahead in their online case status, and when you'll get your NOA they will ask you to mail your old GC with the list of other documents. Shit, I don't know. However, what I know is that they work way faster now on I-751s. So you'll find out soon :) Best of luck!

Thanks, Dani - but i read on other forums that other people are indeed seeing I-751 status on line, and that the message i got now is standard. Also, it may be possible that this applies to those who apply after July 1. Not sure, but my status do show up. Others on the forum should try their receipt #s to see...

I applied for I751 on may 29th 2006
I wasn't required to send the old GC, so i still have it with me

I havn't heard anyhting yet, its been almost 6 months now

frannod said:
Thanks, Dani - but i read on other forums that other people are indeed seeing I-751 status on line, and that the message i got now is standard. Also, it may be possible that this applies to those who apply after July 1. Not sure, but my status do show up. Others on the forum should try their receipt #s to see...

Hm... May be things changed. I don't know anymore... let's wait and see what others will have to say...
By the way, I got the same message as you did after they received my old GC, but it was after they approved my case. Other than that it was impossible to see any progress on I-751.

Last edited by a moderator:
zack1978 said:
I applied for I751 on may 29th 2006
I wasn't required to send the old GC, so i still have it with me

I havn't heard anyhting yet, its been almost 6 months now

It many cases the approval for I-751 can take up to 12 months or more.
They will ask you to turn in your old GC when you either get request for more evidence or an approval letter.
Good luck.

USCIS Status Online system has never found my I-175 case

I submitted my I-751 in Jan. 2006 to California Service Center and then received a notice with receipt No. Whenever I try to check my case with typing the case No, the system always complains with a message to tell the case can not be found in the system. :( . I called the CIS 1-800 number, they could not find my case either. After they transfered my call to someone, I waited for over 1 hr and phone was cut off automatically. :mad:

Has anyone the same experience?

Oct2003

I got my NOA dt 11/3 advising that my conditional resident status is extended a period of one year effective the expiry of my GC. I then got biometrics apt. dt. also 11/3 for appointment on 11/17.

Just so you know, you can check your I751 status online. The form type will be referred to as CR189 under application type. I was a bit confused earlier, but now i know, i want to share with you.

Nsc Filer For I-751

Hello,
This is kishore.I have filed for removing conditions at NSC 27th Nov 2006,went for biometrics on Dec26th ,2006...still waiting .Anyone else on this thread who received their 10 year card.?
Please share your timeline. thnks-Kishore

Its not unusual to wait for more than 6 months to get any approval on I-751. Sometimes it takes more than a year. So, just be patient.

I sent my I-751 application on May 21/2007 to USCIS Vermont Service Center , they received on May 22nd which is exactly 90 days before my GC expires. The check was cashed on May 29, and on May 30th I received a receipt saying that they received the check for I-751 petition and biometric in a total of $275.00
Today I got the I-797 NOA saying that they are extending my GC for one more year and it is good for work and travel. Also, that they will be sending a notice for the biometrics ,and has a list of documents that they accept as evidence for the case, and that I should send it , if I haven't done so already.
With my application I sent more than 140 pages of evidence, just in case you never know what they want as evidence, so I sent a lot more than what they asked.
It seems that my case is going in a good pace, hopefully with a decision before one year.
Good luck for everyone

Jutarath,

The most important documents are the Financial ones. Here are some of the main evidence they ask for:
- Joint lease or mortgage agreement and deed
- If you have kids, their birth certificate.
- Joint Tax Returns.
- Joint Checking/Savings/ CDs/ Money Market accounts( you don't need to have all those accounts but at least savings or checking , as more you have better).
-Life Insurance/ Retirement Accounts in which have you or your spouse as beneficiary.
- Joint car insurance
- Joint credit cards
- Joint utility billls( gas, water ,cell, home phone, power,cable,etc)
- At least 2 notarized affidativ from friends or family attesting that you are in a good faith marriage.
- Any property you own together that are in both names, etc.

Secondary ones will be:
- Cards , e-mail ,and letters sent to both in which it shows same address
- Pictures from the wedding, reception, trips, etc.
- And anything that you have that can be used as evidence, you can send as many as you wish.

Try to send as much evidence possible , so your process can go faster , and you will not get those annoying notices asking for more.
Good luck to you and all!!

I received my biometrics appointment for my I-751 today (6/13), and it is scheduled for 6/23. It seems to me that Vermont Service Center is becoming more efficient and is processing cases faster . Good luck to all.