I-751 September 2010 Filers

That's good news. I still haven't received my Bio Appointment letter. :( I will call customer service tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you haven't received ASC appointment yet. From the other threads on the forum it appears that USCIS has gotten pretty flaky on sending ASC letters. It probably won't get much better with the fee hikes taking effect in November (expect a peak in filings of all kinds for which the fees will increase).

I am hearing that the process will take 3-6 months. does anyone know if the iterview is absolutely nessesary or do they waive it for some folks?

Here's my timeline:

Mailed application (USPS Priority Mail): 9/15/2010
Receipt Date: 9/20/2010
Biometrics Completed: 11/1/2010

So there was already a month and a half between filing and being fingerprinted. Now how long do you think it'll be before I get interviewed?

There is a small chance you will be called in for an interview, but most likely (and hopefully) you will not have to be interviewed. Estimates vary, but I believe ~5-10% of I751 filers get called in for an interview.

The processing of I751s appears to have slowed somewhat over the past months (especially biometrics appear to be slow), but most are still handled within the 6 month timeframe USCIS sets for itself.

Given my luck (i.e ethnic background) i'll probably be in the 5% randomly selected (i.e. racially profiled) for the interview :p

Hopefully the card comes through before the NOA extension expires...

So in terms of next steps beyond the removal of conditions, I have 10 months before I get to the 3 year mark and can apply for citizenship. Any idea how long thats taking these days?

thanks for your help folks and good luck to all!

Do you get the 1 year extension along with the receipt or separate ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the same Notice of Action (NOA). it confirms payment of the fees and grants you a 1 year extension to allow for processing time

I received an email and a text today:

"Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On December 15, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

It appears they have finally started working on September :).

Hopefully this means all will be approved soon!

Just recieved an email tonight that they have ordered production of my husband's card. We were very surprised that the email came so early. And to top it all off, its our anniversary - that was the most unexpected anniversary present.

still waiting

No word yet for me. Did biometrics and havent heard back since then. Filed in late september

Card production ordered!!

I got the email and text today that Card production has been ordered and that i should expect to receive it in 30 days! The problem is that I'm traveling internationally in 3 weeks.Hopefully will get it sooner than that. Has anyone seen it arrive earlier than 30 days?

Mailed application (USPS Priority Mail): 9/15/2010
Receipt Date: 9/20/2010
Biometrics Completed: 11/1/2010
Card Production Email: 1/18/2011

TOTAL TIME: 4 months and 3 days

There are no guarantees, but it appears typical delivery is < 3 weeks. Once the card has been produced, they will send it priority mail.

If it has not arrived by the time you leave, you will still be ok to travel with your old card and the I-751 extension letter. My case was approved on the day i left the country, and the new card came when i was out of the country. When we came back the officer inspecting us told me "hey, you were approved two weeks ago, your new card should be waiting for you at home".

Hi!

We filed our I-751 in November. They received our package on the 22nd, we received the notice for biometrics on the 3rd of December, which were completed on the 20th. We have waited and have yet to hear anything from USCIS about our case. I called their customer service and told them that we were out of the 6 month processing time frame, to which they filed a case and told us to wait 30 days for response as to why it's taking so long.

We sent in bank statements, trip receipts, cord blood banking certificates for both our boys, as well as their birth certificates, car insurance, leases, etc. We never received anything about sending in additional information, and the case status has not updated online.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas what might be going on, or if they know someone how might have gone through the same thing. I would really appreciate any information and/or advice.

Thanks.