[I-751] Renewing Driver's License in GA

marissa07

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I just received a "Notice of Action for I-751 application" stating that my conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year as they review my case.

Since my driver's license (as well as my temporary green card) expires in late March, I was wondering what kind of document I should bring to DMV. Would this Notice of Action letter suffice?

Please advise. Thanks!

Thanks, wik and I gotta say I got a little chuckle out of 'letmegooglethatforyou.com' link you provided. =P

After reading the page on GA DMV, it looks like, as long as I bring my green card (I-551) before it expires in March along with my Notice of Action letter, I will probably have no problem getting my license renewed for another year.... since DMV can just verify my immigration info thru SAVE program.

Thanks again for your help!

I'm moving to Atlanta, Georgia later this year as a DV 2009 winner, can anyone comment on getting a drivers licence in this state? I have both an Australian and UK drivers licence.

I read on the DDS website that I need to do a written, road and vision test. I assume the written test is multiple choice that I would get a guide book to study, vision test self explanitory but confussed as to what the road test will involve?? Is this like taking a practical test with an instructor? Do I need to provide a car?

Cheers,
Megs

I'm moving to Atlanta, Georgia later this year as a DV 2009 winner, can anyone comment on getting a drivers licence in this state? I have both an Australian and UK drivers licence.

I read on the DDS website that I need to do a written, road and vision test. I assume the written test is multiple choice that I would get a guide book to study, vision test self explanitory but confussed as to what the road test will involve?? Is this like taking a practical test with an instructor? Do I need to provide a car?

Yes, it's unfortunate but true... you have to do a road test. I came with a UK driver license in 1993 and had to do the written and road test (in California). I have every reason to believe that Georgia is like California in that there is a Driving Code Handbook you will need to study, then answer a multiple choice set of questions. Usually there are a few different question sets, so you will get a random one. The road test (in California) is a test of your driving skills in a car that you provide with the examiner sitting beside you. He/she will ask you to do stuff, and you do it. In California now, that also some includes some time on the freeway. It was a little simpler for me as I grew up in Canada and had a Canadian driving license for some years and was used to "driving on the right" -- then twelve years in the UK of "driving on the left."