I-751 Remove Conditions on Residence HELP PLEASE! :)

Really important -

My father believes (he married a woman from Russia and is going through this as well) that I should not be worried about this step and doing it on my own; that the worst that can happen, unless we:

* do not sign the form
* do not send in the money order
* do not get the package to them before the expiration of her green card
* are not 100% truthful

is they request further evidence.

Is that true?

This is not something they can deny for no good reason?

Is this step A LOT easier than the "first stage" of getting your first conditional green card?

They will not deny without calling for an interview first... so your father has a better perspective on this than you.

Quit worrying.

My father may have a better perspective than I do - but see my original post, and the nightmare we went through the first time.

Besides, I'm ALMOST convinced that I can do this on my own; I am trying to convince my wife, who's green card and life it is, that we can do this without going into debt to pay someone else to do this.

My father may have a better perspective than I do - but see my original post, and the nightmare we went through the first time.

Besides, I'm ALMOST convinced that I can do this on my own; I am trying to convince my wife, who's green card and life it is, that we can do this without going into debt to pay someone else to do this.

I understand your frustration... but the frustration came from hiring a paralegal and spending extra money and getting nothing for it...

You guys will be fine... they will not deny the GC and deport her if you make a mistake on the form... in the worst case they will call for an interview, where you will bring all of the evidence of marriage and you will be fine.

as far as going in debt issues go, I recommend: www.daveramsey.com

Quick question.

My wife and I are kind of loners - we know people but we keep to ourselves for the most part.

How important do you think sworn affidavits from US citizen friends attesting to our relationship and marriage are?

I'm talking about removing the conditions of residence - I-751.

Is this considered mandatory information by the USCIS, or is it just considered more optional evidence?

I can probably get sworn affidavits but it would require me asking people I am not that close to.

Your wife MUST list her child, living with her or not. The same as the original forms, HER CHILDREN. Unless her child is not hers, then she lists her. My daughter does not live with us, and my son does. but I listed BOTH.

Your wife MUST list her child, living with her or not. The same as the original forms, HER CHILDREN. Unless her child is not hers, then she lists her. My daughter does not live with us, and my son does. but I listed BOTH.

ACTUALLY, I have learned since I asked this question that you only submit children that you are petitioning for ALSO in the SAME I-751.

My wife has a daughter, but we are doing hers separately, hence my wife will NOT list her daughter on HER I-751.

I just sent in my 751. I spent a few hours getting it all ready. As far as the immigration forms filled out so far, this one was by far the easiest one. It's essentially sending in photocopies of your financial records, and in my case a few photos.

Paying anyone even $1 to fill it out for you is a waste of money.

Support docs for i751

Those affidavits have the LEAST weight. I will not even bother to get some for when I file my own I-751.

Hello all,

This really is a great thread. PraetorianXI can you please rank what you think the three most important forms of proof are and the three least important? Thanks alot

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!

We know that we have to send a copy of both sides of my wife's green card - but SHE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

I don't see a problem with having the front on one page - and the back on another, but she INSISTS that both front and back MUST be on ONE SIDE of ONE PAGE!

DOES IT MATTER?!

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!

We know that we have to send a copy of both sides of my wife's green card - but SHE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

I don't see a problem with having the front on one page - and the back on another, but she INSISTS that both front and back MUST be on ONE SIDE of ONE PAGE!

DOES IT MATTER?!

Chances are, if you send the 2 sides in 2 separate pieces of paper, then USCIS will lose one of the pieces of paper and send you an RFE.

So, put them both in the same page, and ALWAYS listen to your wife, they are ALWAYS right... ;)

How do you suggest we "organize" our I-751 package?

How can we neatly "flag" and separate pieces of evidence?

How many pictures of us together are realistically enough?

Should we write my wife's A# on ALL copies of evidence or would that be considered "altering" them in some way?

Last edited by a moderator:
i just sent mine in last week. I didn't fret as much as I did previously. I sent bank statements, marriage certificates and birth cert of our baby and a couple of pics. I think the sheer cuteness of the baby will overwhelm them to fast track my paperwork. :cool::D

ALRIGHT!

We sent in our I-751 + evidence today!

(SO BLEEPIN" NERVOUS!)

The following is our cover letter to inform you what we sent - please tell me what you think.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Road
XXXXXXXXXXX, New York
Phone: (914) XXX-XXXX

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

October 23, 2008

Re: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX A# XXX-XXX-XXX

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find the JOINT Form I-751, petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status for my wife, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I have enclosed the following:

• Application and biometric fee – Postal Money Order for $545.
• Form I-751
• A copy of my wife’s Permanent Resident Card, front and back.

I am also enclosing the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• A copy of my wife’s passport.
• A copy of my US passport.
• A copy of my wife’s Social Security Card.
• A copy of my Social Security Card.
• A copy of our Marriage Certificate.
• Letter from my father stating that my wife, XXXXXX, and I have been renting his house at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
• A copy of my Drivers License and a copy of my wife’s Learner Permit, showing same address of residence.
• Copies of my wife’s pay stubs from her jobs at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and ZZZZZZZZ showing our address of residence.
• Tax Return Transcripts for 2006 and 2007 showing our filing status as “Married Filing Jointly”.
• Copies of bank statements from our joint XXXXXXXXXXXX Bank and YYYYYYYYYY Bank checking account. (YYYY Bank acquired XXXXX Bank)
• Letter from YYYYYYYYY Bank stating that my wife and I have had a joint checking account together since 2006.
• A copy of both of our YYYYYY Bank MasterCard debit cards showing a joint account.
• A copy of a voided check from our YYYYYYY Bank checking account showing a joint checking account and same address of residence.
• A copy of our XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX health insurance cards showing a joint policy.
• Copies of medical “explanation of benefits”, showing my wife XXXXXXXXXX filing claims through my employer provided health care plan (XXXXXXXXXXXXX).
• A copy of my wife’s XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (my employer) Identification Card showing her as my spouse.
• A copy of our membership card for the XXXXXXXXXXXX Mountain Club showing that my wife, XXXXXXXXXXX, and I have a family membership.
• A sworn affidavit by my neighbor, YYYYYYYYYYYYYY, attesting to our relationship and marriage.
• A sworn affidavit by my sister, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, attesting to our relationship and marriage.
• A copy of “enrollment form for group life insurance benefits” showing my wife, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, and my son, YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY as equal co-beneficiaries.
• A copy of the form I filled out for my “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Agreement Defined Contribution Pension Plan” showing my wife, XXXXXXXXXX, as the primary beneficiary.
• Correspondence from the IRS informing my wife and I about how much we will receive for our 2008 Economic Stimulus Payment.
• Copies of assorted correspondence addressed to us as a couple and showing same address of residence.
• A dozen pictures of my wife, XXXXXXXX, and I together.

We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise us if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Respectfully,

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel really confident in the package we sent in, and I feel it was thorough and complete and without deficiencies.

The only thing I have second thoughts about was that I wrote my wife's A# in the upper right hand corner of EVERYTHING that didn't have her A# on it - including page 2 of the I-751 form - I wrote her A# on ALL evidence...this should be a + and not a -, RIGHT?!

:)

:(

I feel really confident in the package we sent in, and I feel it was thorough and complete and without deficiencies.

The only thing I have second thoughts about was that I wrote my wife's A# in the upper right hand corner of EVERYTHING that didn't have her A# on it - including page 2 of the I-751 form - I wrote her A# on ALL evidence...this should be a + and not a -, RIGHT?!

:)

:(
You are good and save yourself $1000! :cool:

Was it a bad or good idea to write my wife's A# in the upper right hand corner of page 2 of the I-751?

I just figured "What would happen if this got separated from this?"

Hence the ONLY page I did not write her A# on was on the copies of the front and back of her green card - for obvious reasons - it was there already!

Did I make a mistake or did I make the right decision to write her A# on EVERYTHING?!

Hey Timmy, we are so proud of you. Be positive, everything will be OK. I need to submit mine this weekend, I have been procrastinating really bad. When does your wife GC expire?
Take care. Have a great weekend.