I-751 Removal of Conditions from Green Card - July 2013 Filers

mantikos...yes it seems to happen often with pulling up cases online using receipt numbers. I applied to remove conditions from me and my son's GC and I received his extension letter but not mine. I tried pulling up the receipt number and it says case can not be found.

Strange enough - I am unable to add the receipt number to my portfolio on USCIS...nor am I able to track it. The website doesn't recognize the number?!

Ignore the receipt number on the NOA I-797. If you read carefully at the bottom of that notice you will find a language saying "Upon receipt of your ASC appointment notice, you can find the status of your case on-line at www.uscis.gov. To view the status of your case, enter the application number found at the top of the ASC appointment notice."

So basically when you get your fingerprint notice on NOA I-797C, you should have a receipt number where you can track your case online.

Ignore the receipt number on the NOA I-797. If you read carefully at the bottom of that notice you will find a language saying "Upon receipt of your ASC appointment notice, you can find the status of your case on-line at www.uscis.gov. To view the status of your case, enter the application number found at the top of the ASC appointment notice."

So basically when you get your fingerprint notice on NOA I-797C, you should have a receipt number where you can track your case online.

Now THAT explains why

I would love advice, suggestions, help please!!! So I called the USCIS number and they said I will have to schedule an Infopass appointment. I tried and there are no appointments available at this time. I really need my drivers licence renewed in order to get to work and it expires August 1. Is it worth me sending a letter to VSC office with a copy of my son's extension letter requesting a copy of my extension letter? Why would they send my dependent's letter referencing me as the principal alien and not send mine? Thoughts?

I would love advice, suggestions, help please!!! So I called the USCIS number and they said I will have to schedule an Infopass appointment. I tried and there are no appointments available at this time. I really need my drivers licence renewed in order to get to work and it expires August 1. Is it worth me sending a letter to VSC office with a copy of my son's extension letter requesting a copy of my extension letter? Why would they send my dependent's letter referencing me as the principal alien and not send mine? Thoughts?

I don't think sending anything to VSC would help - Infopass is your best bet imho

Thanks for responding temmi.....but infopass is not an option because they don"t have appointments available...I tried

Day Date Status
0 7/11/2013 Shipped packet via UPS
1 7/16/2013 Delivered
3 7/18/2013 Check encashed by field office for $590.00
5 7/20/2013 I-751 receipt notice received extending the green card by 1 year
11 7/26/2013 Got the biometrics appointment letter

Dang! Was about to mail out the packet today when I decided to check if I had the latest forms, alas the forms we had filled out were outdated. Next week it is.

#facepalm

The misspelled my first name on the Bio letter (pressed the adjacent key on the keyboard), doesn't make any sense, I mean you have my A#, how could you get the name wrong on the bio letter...will call them tomorrow, expect it to be a non-issue since the A# is correct.

i finally sent my husband's form on Saturday, to the California Service Center..We have wasted a lot of time and sent our paperwork quite late...

Last edited by a moderator:
I mailed my I-751 on July 20th, received July 22nd, Check cashed on July 24th and Green Card extension I-797 arrived to me on July 26.

Thanks

#facepalm

The misspelled my first name on the Bio letter (pressed the adjacent key on the keyboard), doesn't make any sense, I mean you have my A#, how could you get the name wrong on the bio letter...will call them tomorrow, expect it to be a non-issue since the A# is correct.

Well youre not alone. The NOA letter was missing a letter from my wife's last name.... I was not happy but the BIO letter came and it was correct. The A# is both correct on both letters. So I dont know what happened here... I double checked the forms I sent to make sure I wasnt the weakest link here and I wasnt...

Hi my friends. I have a quick question. My biometrics appointment is on Aug 16th, but I already had an info pass appointment on Aug 6th because I wanted to get my passport stamped so that I can travel internationlly without issues so that I visit my father who is sick right now. The question is, can I use this appointment to get done from the biometrics as well? Is it OK to do that (Note that I am early 10 days from my appointment day)!

I live in Seattle, does the Seattle office allow that? Do I need to make any special arrangments or fill forms before the appointment?

Thank you very much for your answers.