I-751 removal of condition

i-751

it seems the INS is not processing I-751 pettitions.
They simply believe that it has the lowest priority.
This in turn has disabled people from applying to citizenship since their petitions have not been approved yet.
The problem is, there is no clause in the law that mandates that the INS is to process those I-751 in a certain amount of time.
As far as the law is concerned, the INS can process them at the year 5000 ... although i doubt that it will come to that.
bottom line is, they work for biz. and biz requires H-1Bs to be done, so they do it, because BIZ moves politicians and politicians are what moves INS.
Anyways, i sugges a class action law suite against the INS, not just to force them to process the applications, but also to request monetary compensation ... yup, we should go after them like bloody hounds.

I 751 processing at vermont center. Does any one can provide information about procedures?

Hi
I applied for conditional status removal using I 751 and got receipt in May 2001. what are next steps and do I get another confirmation number for follow up and how long it will take? Current procesing is May 2000 that what is shown in procesing time informations.
Mike

They won\'t process it ... so don\'t hold your breath.

That\'s as far as I know ... i called them and the immigration officer told me in a very strange way "We are behind on those applications and it seems that time is gonna run out on you" ... and she was sort of happy when she was telling me that !? I have no idea why ... then she hung up.
So what i gather is, we can all just shoot ourselves since they have the upper hand ... there is nothing in the law that says that they have to process our applications in a certain period of time ... the directions for INS is that they should do it in a "reasonable amount of time" ... but considering that the INS are a bunch of unreasonable people, then i can easily say (with a lot of confidence) "DON\'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.".

NOT NECESSARY TO WAIT FOR APPROVAL

BTW, it is not necessary to wait for I751 approval before filing for citizenship, as long as it is three years (less 90 days) after original conditional GC approval.

I applied for citizenship before my approval, and got my citizenship before I got my permanent (i.e. not conditional) new card

How is that ?

Did they do your I-751 interview during the Citizenship interview ?
Also, how long did it take them to process your citizenship application ?

John, can you help to understand Original conditional GC and N400 application

John,
You mentioned that it is not necessary to wait for I751 approval before filing for citizenship, as long as it is three years (less 90 days) after original conditional GC approval. What I have is a conditional green card issued when I entered US two years back in May 1999. What is original conditional GC? And What is N400 application? When can I filed for it? When Did you receive your Citizenship from getting conditional Green card? Does it apply for spouse of US citizen also? Do I need a lawyer for it?

How quickly did you get your receipt?

Hi Mike,
I applied I-751 on Oct 2nd. Haven\'t received any receipt yet nor has the check been encashed. Would appreciate if you can tell me how long you had to wait before they sent you the receipt also did they cash the check at the same time?
Thanks
B

No Title

they usually send the reciept within 1 month, and cash the check within 45 days.
but you must realize that the INS is not systematic which means that they are not consistent, thus it may take you longer or less to get your reciept and have your check cashed ... you can think of the INS as similar to russian roulette (if you know what that is).
And now with the terrorist stuff that is going on, i think that the INS will dedicate most of itsresources for enforcment and for combing through their files to find terrorists ... bottom line is ... your wait will probably be long to get a reciept and it will be longer to get your I-751 processed.
I just called them last week (it was a miracle that i managed to get them on the phone, it took me 45 minutes of continous redialing to get them) and they told me that it now takes at least 2 years to process an I-751 application ... and i was advised to file my N-400 application (yeah, as if that\'s gonna help) when i am elegible for it.
I was told that the N-400 takes at least a year to process and by that time, they should have processed my I-751 ... I say ... "DON\'T HOLD YUR BREATH".

The only solution to the problem

The only solution to this I-751 problem is that we would team together and sue the INS ... then we can make them process it and we can also get monetary compensation ... in that case it would be a class action law suit ... and believe me, we will easily win it ... we should just go after them like bloody hounds ... But if we remain quite and take whatever they dish out then basically that will simply make them dish out more crap to us ... so we have the power to stop this if we team up ... so lets team up.

Thanks WIP

Really appreciate your reply. It has been a nightmare trying to contact INS Vermont. I had started believeing that they probably blocked their phone lines intentionally!!!.....because right till 7:59am and right after 6:01 pm one could get through....makes you wonder!.

Thanks again!

B

let\'s go get\'em

I say, why don\'t we team up and sue them.
They simply can\'t take our money (by cashing our checks) and not providing us with the service.
If we sue them, i am sure that we can easily win.
As long as we are passive the delays are going to get worse and worse.
we gotta do something about it, a real action, instead of complaining on forums and trying to grab pieces of info from every immigration website one can find.
Hey, we have a right to the service ... we paid for it, they are not doing this for free nor out of their good hearts ... bottom line, i paid money, and now i wan\'t my dollars worth of service.
so let\'s go get\'em.