I-751 Question

L2-F1-H1b-GC

Registered Users (C)
Hey there immigration experts :)

I'm about to file my I-751 and I am a bit late :( My GC expires at the end of September and we have made travel plans for November. If I send it out by the end of this week, what are my chances of getting my new card before November? And, if I don't get it, how will I be able to enter the US coming home from our trip?

Hey there immigration experts :)

I'm about to file my I-751 and I am a bit late :( My GC expires at the end of September and we have made travel plans for November. If I send it out by the end of this week, what are my chances of getting my new card before November? And, if I don't get it, how will I be able to enter the US coming home from our trip?

Once mailed, USCIS will issue a Notice of Action which will serve as an extension of your physical greencard for about a year. You can use that document to travel in and out the US, along with your GC. Why are you so late? :confused:

Why are you so late? :confused:

Unpreparedness I guess... For some reason (foolish little me) I thought that all I needed to do was submit the form. Imagine my surprise noticing that they want all that evidence again. I was tempted to say "for proof of bona fide marriage, see that initial GC application" :)

Unpreparedness I guess... For some reason (foolish little me) I thought that all I needed to do was submit the form. Imagine my surprise noticing that they want all that evidence again. I was tempted to say "for proof of bona fide marriage, see that initial GC application" :)

On behalf of USCIS, I forgive you for this little mishap. Proceed to send them a ton of evidence, I thought of sending them a brick from my house extension work, so that they can see we are married for life, not for the plastic card... :) However, I send them a pound of all the evidence, because I never want to see them again...:rolleyes: You don't make these financial commitments because of plastic, it will be foolish...:cool:

... I thought of sending them a brick from my house extension work...
talking about things to send... last year, after coming home from a month of vacation, we found our neighbors' sewage all over our condo's floor. Needed a new carpet, new bathroom, new kitchen, and 2-4 feet of our walls cut up. I took some pictures of the mess and my friends tell me it's the grossest thing they've ever seen... do you think sending those pictures in would help or hurt my case? :D