I-751 - Question

saicool171

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I had a question about my I-751 receipt notice. I am married to a U.S. Citizen and we processed our green card thru an attorney. I received my conditional Green Card July 2004 with an expiration date of July 2006. We applied in April 2006 to remove the conidtions (and decided not to use an attorney since the process seemed fairly straight forward) - the I-797C receipt notice came in within a week stating "Your alien card is extended 12 months - Employment and Travel authorized"

My question is:
Do I need to get any kind of stamp on my passport for the next 12 months or is this receipt along with my conditional green card sufficient to travel and work? I do understand that 12 months from now I will need a stamp in my passport if I haven't recd. a decision on the removal of conditions.

I would appreciate any help with this information!

Thank you!!

Saicool171

saicool171 said:
Hello,

I had a question about my I-751 receipt notice. I am married to a U.S. Citizen and we processed our green card thru an attorney. I received my conditional Green Card July 2004 with an expiration date of July 2006. We applied in April 2006 to remove the conidtions (and decided not to use an attorney since the process seemed fairly straight forward) - the I-797C receipt notice came in within a week stating "Your alien card is extended 12 months - Employment and Travel authorized"

My question is:
Do I need to get any kind of stamp on my passport for the next 12 months or is this receipt along with my conditional green card sufficient to travel and work? I do understand that 12 months from now I will need a stamp in my passport if I haven't recd. a decision on the removal of conditions.

Thank you!!

Saicool171

No, you don't need to stamp the passport, although you could. But usually a letter in conjunction with your expired green card is enough. And yes, you will need a stamp after the extensions expires.

expired extention

What if it expires? Do you get deported or do you have to start over? Just curious. We have no intention of letting the 751 extention expire.

Dani said:
No, you don't need to stamp the passport, although you could. But usually a letter in conjunction with your expired green card is enough. And yes, you will need a stamp after the extensions expires.

Thank you for your prompt response. Appreciate it!

Saicool171

LChan said:
What if it expires? Do you get deported or do you have to start over? Just curious.

What if it expires? Like I said, you go to the local office and stamp your passport. If it expires again before you get cond. removed, go again and stamp again... Nobody's gonna deport anybody, so chill :)

We have no intention of letting the 751 extention expire.

He? I'm just curious what can you possibly do...

What supporting documents did you file? I am a condtional green card to and have to file this month. Where did you file yours? and how many income taxes did you send. IS it ok if i only send a form stating from 2005 to 2006. any advice what kind of supporting document i have to submit? we only have saving checking account, insurance, my life insurance and he is my benefiaciary, helth insurance and dental insurance , what else do i have to submit???

saicool171 said:
Hello,

My question is:

Thank you!!

Saicool171

caringlady said:
What supporting documents did you file? I am a condtional green card to and have to file this month. Where did you file yours? and how many income taxes did you send. IS it ok if i only send a form stating from 2005 to 2006. any advice what kind of supporting document i have to submit? we only have saving checking account, insurance, my life insurance and he is my benefiaciary, helth insurance and dental insurance , what else do i have to submit???

Submit whatever you have. Don't forget the pfotos, airline tickets, affidavits from friends... By the way, you can see the examples of supporting evidence on the I-751 itself (look at the instuctions).
About tax returns - I have filed only two of them (state and federal) for the most recent year (in my case it was for 2004 that we got in 2005, cause checks for the previous years have been already cashed). But looking at what you have I'd say you're alright
:)
However, the more evidence, the better.

Dani said:
Submit whatever you have. Don't forget the pfotos, airline tickets, affidavits from friends... By the way, you can see the examples of supporting evidence on the I-751 itself (look at the instuctions).
About tax returns - I have filed only two of them (state and federal) for the most recent year (in my case it was for 2004 that we got in 2005, cause checks for the previous years have been already cashed). But looking at what you have I'd say you're alright

So Dani, from what you hear or know, are they approving I-751 applications with or without interviews nowadays?

Dani said:

We dont have much photos. coz we never go out. he is too busy in his store. we dont even travel. if we go out in a restaurant and eat we dont take picture. Do they approve without interviewing? and do i need to put the money order in the envelop along with my files/ documents?

Pinturicchio said:
So Dani, from what you hear or know, are they approving I-751 applications with or without interviews nowadays?

That depends. Usually without, but in some cases they may ask to come to the local DO for a nice chat. Honestly, a lot of folks getting approved without it. But you never know :)

caringlady said:
We dont have much photos. coz we never go out. he is too busy in his store. we dont even travel. if we go out in a restaurant and eat we dont take picture. Do they approve without interviewing? and do i need to put the money order in the envelop along with my files/ documents?

Well, that's not a biggy. Just sent what you have, along with affidavits from friends. It's quite enough. Yes, you have to put the money order inside the envelope with the form itself and other staff you are sending.
About the interview: see my previous post.
Oh yeah, for some reason it takes forever (literally) to process I-751, so send it ASAP.

hi there, what kind of documents (or a sample swore statement) do I have to send in with the affidavits from my friends?

does it have to do before a public notary?

I wonder if someone could share a sample of the swore statement, and what kind of format of the affidavits should be?

thx

Dani said:
Well, that's not a biggy. Just sent what you have, along with affidavits from friends. It's quite enough. Yes, you have to put the money order inside the envelope with the form itself and other staff you are sending.
About the interview: see my previous post.
Oh yeah, for some reason it takes forever (literally) to process I-751, so send it ASAP.

Dani, which processing center did you send your I-751 to? Can you give your timeline for the the I-751?

Thanks.

sultan100 said:
Dani, which processing center did you send your I-751 to? Can you give your timeline for the the I-751?

Thanks.

California Service Center. Applied in June 2005, got receipt fot July 1, still waiting since... Although they are already processing applications received in November :mad: But usually it takes 9-12 months to get an approval.