I-751 Question on Online Status

riversrun

Registered Users (C)
I receive my I-751 receipt on Dec 3, 08 but unable to find the case status on line. Called the USCIS, very confusing. Basically, they told me that this type of Case can not check the status online, which is totally BS. Anyway, just wonder how you guys check your online status regarding the I-751 filing. Is that true that only your receipt with Receipt Date that is ready to check online? Mine only has the Notice Date there.

Please advise. Thx.

riversrun
You will receive biometrics 3-4 weeks after filing I-751, upon completion would be able to look up status online

Yup! after you complete your biometrics, wait for a business day or two and use the application receipt # from the biometrics, thats when you may be able to see your status online!

Hey guys,

so basically, when you just got your Notice of Action letter and have not completed your biometric yet, it is normal that you put in your receipt number for the status check, and it said there is no result?

Also, at the bottom of the NOtice of Action letter, it said "Note: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CIR89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool" -- I do not understand what that means.... could anyone explain this to me?

Thanks!!

marissa07 - you will have to wait until you can complete you biometrics appt. after that enter the receipt # from the Bio appt notice and you should be able to see a status.

Thanks music fan!

One more question for you all:
At the bottom of the Notice of Action letter, it said:

"Note: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CIR89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool"

I do not understand what that means.... Could anyone explain this to me? Thanks again, guys!

Thanks music fan!

One more question for you all:
At the bottom of the Notice of Action letter, it said:

"Note: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CIR89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool"

I do not understand what that means.... Could anyone explain this to me? Thanks again, guys!

it's just a case type code, actually we do't have to exactly study each number means.

Thanks music fan! I was curious because after entering my receipt number a few times with no success ('there is no result'), I thought perhaps "CIR89" was the key and played around with a combination of "CIR89" and my receipt number without "EAC" .... :p

Anyhow, it's good to know there is nothing I should worry about for now. Thanks again.

in my case - i did biometrics in september for CSC and my case status still says - case number invalid! This is for I-751 removal of conditions. My case number starts with WAC and then 13 numbers.

Sometimes cases can never be seen online so its nothing to be worried about. I now have my AP in hand, but all way through the process the website never recognised my case number for it (it recognised AOS and EAD though). A girl I know on another forum has never been able to see her AOS status on line at all and she received her interview letter last month.....its just one of those things really.

After you sent your i-751 the first notice that you receive is the Extension Letter for one more year. Then you receive another letter which is your appointment to take your fingerprints. If you want to check your status online you need to use the number which appear in the second letter (fingerprints appointment). Don't event try with the number which appear in the first letter (extension letter). One more thing, you dont need to wait until you got your fingerprints taken, you can check your status after you receive the second letter with your appointment.

help!!

My application I-751, was recieved 1/12/09 and I just received fingerprint appointment. I do not have notice of adjustment with 1 year extension!

Is that normal, or am i panicking early?

Just wait ... if you dont receive it before your conditional green card expires, call them or get an infopass to get your passport stamp.

I filed I-751 in June 2008 and did biometrics in September (3 months later!) now I am waiting and waiting - have heard NADA! I called USCIS after 6 months, and they said they are still processing .... I am panicking now because its going to months since we filed I-751 - Its just so frustrating....... because from this website it seems that people are getting their conditions removed within 3 months, or 4 months, and we are now in month 7 - 8 and no word! I just hope they have not lost the file or anything.

Has anyone filed with CSC for I751 and it has taken this long?

Chicagochick,

Last time I checked, they listed 6 months as the processing time frame. If you have been waiting 30 days longer than their time frame, you should be able to make inquiries. Didn't you hire a lawyer for this? What has she/he been doing?

Mrs_S