I-751 March 2008 Filers

MaqOuzo

Registered Users (C)
Anyone filing in March? My timeline is below. How long does it typically take from NOA1 to Bio Appt?

Hi, I just send my application in on March, 21 so its probably still on the way.
I dont know what to expect either. I hear it is an easy formto file, but often takes a while. My greencard expires on June, 19.
Good luck

Hi gabyflaks,
Are you sending your I-751 more than 90 days before the expiration of your conditional green card? If that is the case keep in mind that they might return it to you without accepting or processing it.

You need to search for your I751 case status using the case number provided in your second NOA (the one that informs you of the biometrics appointment) not the one given in the first NOA (acknowledgement of receipt / 1-year renewal). For some reason, they are different.

It seems like there are a lot of us sending it to NSC. I hope it will work out good and fast for all of us. ;)
It seems like up to the Biometrics it goes pretty fast and then slows down. I have heard of people getting the GC within 4 months, but a friend of mine waited 13 months, so I guess you never know.

gabyflakes,

I do not think it's "business days" but 90 days straight.

So from 03/24/2008 to 07/24/2008 would be 4 months or approximately 120 days. Then move back to 07/16/2008 thats approximately 112 days. How did you get 85 days?

What are u talking about. I filled march 24, 2008.(that's 8 days for march)+ 30 days of april, + 31 days of may, + 16 days of June. (GC expires June 16th. That's a total of 85 days!!!!!!

to gabyflaks

Sir,
First check the dates writen in your signature. because of that it creates lots of confusion and waste of somebody's time.

thanks for the correction by the way

hi rherald. Im counting from the day it was received at TSC on 3-24-08 to 7-16-08. It like 85 days.

I thought your math was flawed which it is. I'm sorry I gave your credit for being able to at least count till 90 but your problem lies at 7.

June is not the 7th month. Maybe in a different planet but not here.

07/16/2008 is NOT June 16th.

Thank You

How long does it usually take to cash the checks? I sent mine out on Friday, but it hasnt been been cashed yet.
Thanks

How long does it usually take to cash the checks? I sent mine out on Friday, but it hasnt been been cashed yet.
Thanks

It depends. From your timeline it looks like you sent the package in too early. You need to send it no more than 90 days before your CGC expires. From your timeline, you seem to have sent it 119 days prior to expiration, so they may return your package to you (incl. the checks.)

Thats weird, no I sent it on March 21, I thought I wrote that, but I guess I was wrong.

From what I can tell, most people have their checks cashed within 2 weeks. But it all depends on when the package was received, what service center you submitted your case on, and a number of other factors. Mine got cashed within 4 days of delivery. Did you have COD on your package?

This is a game of patience as all we can do at this stage is wait... And then wait some more (no snark intended)...

No, I dont have that, because since I filed with a lawyer he sent it out.
I dont want to call him for that, because its not gonna make it any faster anyways.

But, yes we are all in the same boat, all we can do is wait.

Thank you

Yesterday my check was cleared, how do I see where it was cashed though?

Get a copy of your check (typically available through online banking). The check will have prints on it telling where it was cashed through. My check has the receipt number, date of cashing and A# on the front. On the back it says "California Service Center."