I-751 January 2010 filers

I am just wondering, does anyone know if they do background check again? IT has been a month since they looked at my I765 and I485 applications from 2 years ago.
Share your info please.

Hi Maria,

I am going through a similar wait as you are !

Yes they do another background check. Please see my timelines below:

- I-751 application was received in Vermont / 02.02

- Biometrics completed / 03.02

- I-751 touched / 03.03

- I-485 / I-765 touched / 04.25

- I-751 approved / ------- ?

One more thing. Each case is different. There are alot of factor, which may cause the delay:

- The person processing the case
- The applicants origin
- Other agencies reponse time to their enquiries

I pray every day for this wait to be over....its easy to get obsessed about the status progress and anticpate the worst case scenarios.

Everything will be OK, what shall be will be...its a matter of time...Leave it to GOD

got my interview letter today for June 24th....looking for an attorney now...

An interview is usually selected randomly especially for joint petitions, so it's not because you didn't have enough evidence or they have any doubts (if you didnt have enough evidence, they would've sent you an RFE). So don't worry, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

This is what the guy says about why he was interviewed (from the 2nd link below): "I asked why i got chose for an interview when most people seem not to get called. He said that each district office requests a certain percentage of 1-751 for interviews. The computer then randomly chooses that percentage. As each area office requests different percentage it varies from one office to another. For instance a office could request 50% of 1-751 applications or 20% he said. "

These are all the interview threads i can find for you, and they're ALL approved at the interview without a lawyer (only the first one had a lawyer), so don't worry.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/257277-interview-experience/
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/241086-my-interview-experience/
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251613-our-interview-today

I truly wish you the best. I'll be looking for some more threads.

By the way, what evidence did you send?

Okalian,

my husband is in jail. That is probably why i was called for an interview. I excpected it...

I have a lot of evidence of our relationship. A lot of letters, pictures, Power of Attorney, Bills, Affidavits, lease.

I dont think i will hire an attorney. I feel confident in my case.

I had a consultation today with an attorney. He said that my husband made a mistake when on I-751 he put my address.....it is his address also ( all his mail is coming here, and lease is on his name), but he is not phisically living here because he is in jail at the moment.....

be honest i dont worry about it,,,,,i had no idea that he had to put his jail address in.....but we will see what happenes..

any advise anyone?

Got my card today and it actually looks Green and different compared to the last one.
01/20/2010 - Package received
01/21/2010- Checks cashed
01/25/2010 - NOA received
05/03/2010 - Card production ordered.
05/22/2010 - Card received in mail.... finally

Got my card today and it actually looks Green and different compared to the last one.
01/20/2010 - Package received
01/21/2010- Checks cashed
01/25/2010 - NOA received
05/03/2010 - Card production ordered.
05/22/2010 - Card received in mail.... finally

same here..i guess that explained the delay

Hi Folks: I am a January 2010 filer of I-751 "Good faith waiver". I am wondering if there are people in the same boat. It would be helpful to know how your case is proceeding. Following is my timeline.

01/07/2010--I-751"Good faith waiver" sent to VT service center
01/13/2010--It was proceed in their database
Next week 1yr extension received
02/09/2010--Biometric appointment done

Since then I have not received any further communication from USCIS. My case status shows "Initial Review".

Anyone in the same situation?

Thank you.

Maria,

if yyour online bank website lets you look at the image of the cleared check, you may find your case number already printed somewhere on it. Give it a try and let us know!

That figure on the cancelled checks is for the NOA-1 (green card extension) only. It won't work on line and you will get a different one with the fingerprint notice.