I-751 - Info Please

marine

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone....

One of my Marines is married to a Mexican Citizen. They applied for Removal of temp status with the I-751. They received a letter stating that they should get a response within 6months. Well its been like 8 months, and nothing.

This was all done in the Dallas INS office.

Does anyone what kind of wait my Marine is looking at? I am affraid it may be years.

Anyone have info on this? What is the usually process for this type of thing? His wife does want to become a U.S. Citizen, and I beleive she applied for citizenship at the same time as the I-751.

Semper Fi.

One other thing...

Is it possible that her N-400 could be approved before the I-751? And then the I-751 would be useless?

I just saw some wait time charts...and their was a 365 day wait in the dallas office for both I-751's and N-400's......I just wonder if the N-400 will be approved 365 days from submission? Or 365 days are the I-751 is approved...

Please help.

You can go ahead to apply your N-400 30 days before your 3rd anniversary, but you still need your I-751 approval before they approved your N-400. It is good to be on line for N-400 though.