I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center June 2013

Thanks Dhlunar. That's the address I have so it goes out tomorrow morning. We will see how it goes :)

Your welcome.

Also, the USCIS website is prone to errors in terms of address. I once was going to mail something to VSC and the spelling of the street name was incorrect. I didn't realize it, but I used USPS.com to produce a shippling label and it realized the error and corrected it automatically. The street name is spelled correctly in my prior post.

In a different situation the ZIP+4 listed for form to be sent to a lockbox was different then what USPS.com was saying. The main part of the ZIP Code was correct, it was the +4 part that was incorrect. I called the Post Office and they told me what they had for the +4 part. I sent the package according to what the Post Office said, and it got to the lockbox with no problem.

Oh well.. I hope it gets there. I definitely sent it to the address above. I am looking forward to the progress!!!

Oh well.. I hope it gets there. I definitely sent it to the address above. I am looking forward to the progress!!!

Don't worry it will.

Also, don't forget that VSC is slow. When we did 751 for my wife we filed in early Jan 2012; got the extension letter about two weeks later; she went to ASC early Feb 2012; then nothing till I received a status change text message in late September. If I recall the approval week was fast: Status Change on Tuesday; Approval Letter received on Friday; Card received on Saturday.

Updates 7/11/13

So today I received the the first NOA stating that the residence has been extended for another year. It also stated that I will receive an appointment for biometrics at the local ASC.
That's definitely good news but it makes me think that having such a quick response it's going to make it take forever or hopefully the complete opposite. I've read that after the first NOA normally you could expect to get an update from 4 to 6 months but I really hope it's sooner than that. I'll keep you guys updated.

As I was driving home from work yesterday I had a feeling that there was a USCIS letter in my mailbox, gut feeling always works with me. I received 2 letters. Both of them where biometric appointments. I've received two biometric appointments before for 2 different cases, but in this case I guess our friends at VSC sent the letter twice by mistake. It was weird because I only have one case at the time and seeing two letters was kind of scary.
Biometric appointment has been set for 8/1/13. I can't wait I wish I could go there now! :D

Timeline I-751

06-25-13 - I-751 Package sent to VSC
06-26-13 - Package received and signed at VSC
06-27-13 - Conditional Resident Status Extended Notice Sent from VSC
07-01-13 - I -751 Receipt Notice received in the mail
07-10-13 - Biometric appointment notice received

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering if a RFE is requested will they still give a one year extension? I am cocnerned because my GC and DL expires August 1.

Timeline I-751

07-06-13 - I-751 Package sent to VSC
07-08-13 - Package received and signed at VSC

I am wondering if a RFE is requested will they still give a one year extension? I am cocnerned because my GC and DL expires August 1.

If you filled out the form correctly and sent the correct fee amount, you should receive your extension soon. RFE, if ever, comes in later.

The extension letter also serves as the receipt. As long as 751 is filed and accepted for processing then you will receive a receipt/extension letter. The data from the form is entered in by contractors, who are instructed to check for signatures, make sure there is no missing pages, and the proper fee is attached. Some reasons that it would be rejected at the time of filing is not having the correct fee, missing pages, or not signing the form. It is up to an immigration officer to actually review the form and the evidence to see if you qualify for the benefit. It will take months before an immigration officer reviews your case since you have to go to ASC. Also, they process cases in the order they are received. However, there is no rush to make a decision on a I-751 since your status is not in limbo during the time. You can travel and work with your expired GC and the extension letter, and in theory you are a Permanent Resident during that time as long as the I-751 was filed during the required window. I remember my wife's approval letter stated that her status of Permanent Resident has been adjusted to the date that she received her conditional residence status, and when she got her card 10 year it said Resident Since and had the date that her I-485 was approved.

I have also heard if your address on the I-751 doesn't match the address they have for you in the mater database, they inform you of the requirement to file an AR-11.

Unless the extension letter has changed within the last year and a half, it had a list of recommended evidence and stated that more evidence (or the initial if nothing was sent with it) could be sent to VSC. The letter provided the address and stated to include a copy of the letter if you are sending on additional evidence so they can match it with your file.

When my wife's I-751 was pending she traveled outside the US during the time. When she returned she had no issues coming back in with her foreign passport, expired GC, and extension letter. The CBP officers processed her as if she was a normal permanent resident. My wife's employer never asked her to provide them with a copy of the letter or her new GC to show she was still able to work in the US.

Thanks so much Induz and Dhlunar. This is great because it is my hope the I751 is correct and will be accepted so I could get my extension letter hopefully within the next week so I could renew my DL. I am glad the RFE will come if at all after the extension letter. I was just concerned if this happened it would affect my extension letter. Since it's not..I'm relieved!!!!

Package delivered today at 2:38 PM. Hoping I'll receive my extension letter next week and the excitement begins!!!!!!!!

Can't you go in earlier? When I got my first GC I walked in on a much earlier day and no questions were asked.

Hi,
When you guys say a notice was received about extension letter, does this mean a text message or email is sent to notify you then the letter comes in the mail?

Guys...I just move to my new apartment last two weeks, and i sent my package to VSC last week. My question is since i just moved and i have not file my AR 11, will this affect my application???

Guys...I just move to my new apartment last two weeks, and i sent my package to VSC last week. My question is since i just moved and i have not file my AR 11, will this affect my application???

What address have you put down on your I-751? You have 10 days to file an AR-11. You can do it online and it will update the address in the system the same day. Don't forget that USCIS mail generally doesn't get forwarded even if you have a mail forwarding request on file with the Post Office.

We kinda ran into the same situation at the time my wife's I-751 was approved. The following is the series of events that happen over three weeks.

Week 1: On Wednesday we had our closing. On Saturday evening we filed an electronic AR-11 and a service request to update the address on the case.
Week 2: On Tuesday we received the status update email. On Thursday we received the card sent status update. On Friday we officially moved. We also called USCIS to inquire on the address the card was being sent to. The Tier-1 agent transferred us to a Immigration Information Officer who verified the address in the system for both the master database and the case address were our new address. Friday afternoon we received the approval letter in the mail at the new address. On Saturday we received the new 10-Year card at the new address.
Week 3: On Monday we received a letter in the mail stating a service request had been made to update the address on the case and has been processed (the date was the prior Monday).

dhlunar...Thank you for your response. I had the new address on I-751, i forwarded my address before i left my old apartment and i got the confirmation at the new address.I have filed the AR-11.

I changed address but didn't file the AR-11 until later. I did it online and when they sent the notice to remove conditions they included those forms so I mailed them in as well just in case.

Thanks Kacy2013. I guess am on the right path. I received my Receipt Notice yesterday at my new address.

@temmi on 07/09 - Conditional Resident Status Extended Notice Sent from VSC..how did you know this? Did you get a notice via email or text?

@temmi on 07/09 - Conditional Resident Status Extended Notice Sent from VSC..how did you know this? Did you get a notice via email or text?

There is no way of telling when it gets sent until you actual get the document in your hand, since you will have no idea what the receipt number is until it is received. When you send something to the lockbox you can include an G-1145 to receive a text and/or email with the receipt number when it gets processed, however, this is not possible if the form needs to be mailed directly to a service center. It could be based on the receipt date or the postmark date on the envelope.

@dhlunar Thanks for responding. I was just wondering because a few people mentioned they received a notice about the extension one day and shortly after they received the actua;l notice in the mail. I wanted to know the difference. Maybe it was a text or email becuase they sent in the G-1145 form which I did also,