i-751 filers August/September 2011

Something strange that I would like to share with other fellow readers..

Saw this for the first time. This is exactly what it shows on my USCIS status check page.

"The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on June 15, 2012. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283."
Is this normal or USCIS has improved their standards:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Geez,

According to your timeline, it looks like its going to be September or even October before our cases is reviewed! We sent in our case during the first week of January.

BTW, for anyone that wants to. Don't try calling USCIS and ask for the processing time. I tried to call today, I said it was a jointly filed application, and the representative said that she needed to speak with the actual applicant, which was my wife. I said that is not possible since she is not here at the moment. So, let me ask a general question, what is the current processing time for I-751 out of Vermont? Response was the same one that I got online August 22 as of the end of April, but when I asked as of what date the representative said as of June 15th and stopped there.

I think they are improving.....
My online notice:

The USPS reported that your new card was delivered on June 18, 2012, directly to the address we had on file. If you did not receive your card, or have any questions, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283

Was shocked.
Got my notification letter on Saturday and then the green card on Monday.

I see there is someone here who applied a month after me but got it the same day, so there IS hope for the rest of you still waiting :D

Congrats sanket_82 & bornintheRSA! I just got a snail mail saying my removal of conditions has been approved! My status online still says initial review. I signed up for email and text and did not get any notifications. Anyways, I'm happy and will just wait for my green card in the mail. :) Good luck to the rest of you!

I filed at the end of September, so looking at some of your timelines in here, I should be expecting my card by the end of August LATEST...hopefully?

My case number is not giving me ANYTHING on their website:

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

Been like that all this time. I had to redo my fingerprints as the first time they didn't come out well (scars from dog bites on my fingertips etc) so I guess that could delay my application a little bit. It was 1-2 weeks between biometrics appointments, so hopefully shouldn't be too much.

Is there any reason to be concerned about the quote above? I'd love to know what's going on...

ETA: Discovered that the receipt number on my letter doesn't work, but there is one on my SECOND biometrics appointment letter and that does work; tells me my application is still in initial review... I'm just happy to know they actually have it, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filed 1751 in Jan2012, got a one year extension but have not heard anything yet from Vermont center. What does that mean ? No news is good news ? and when should I be expecting to hear from them? Any idea

Yemi,

My wife also filled the I-751 with the Vermont Service Center in Jan 2012 and still haven't heard anything back from them (expect the one year letter and the fingerprint appointment back in Feb). We applied the first week of Jan and according to the latest processing date information available online that was posted a couple of days ago as of July 30, 2012 they where processing cases that was filed in the middle of November 2011. So, if I did my math correctly we should be hearing back from them soon.

We still have to wait another year before removing the conditions, but I wanted to check what all needs to be mailed to USCIS...is it just the I-751 form or are there any others?

Thanks!

We still have to wait another year before removing the conditions, but I wanted to check what all needs to be mailed to USCIS...is it just the I-751 form or are there any others?

Thanks!

You need to submit the I-751 and evidence showing that the marriage was entered in good faith. They are interested in evidence during the last two years since you got your GC.

Seeing that you live in CT, you will need to submit your I-751, check, and evidence to the Vermont Service Center in St. Albans, VT. Shortly after you submit your paperwork, you will receive a receipt that serves as a one-year extension for your GC. With this letter and your GC you are still allowed to work and travel. My wife has traveled at least twice internationally with this letter and GC with no issues. About a week or so after getting the letter you will get a appointment notice to appear at ASC to be fingerprinted and have your picture taken. Then the waiting game begins. We filed the paperwork in early Jan for a March card expiration date and still haven't heard on the status of the case. Based on my calculations we should be hearing any day now. Also, for some reason, the receipt number on the extension letter and the ASC appointment notice are different, however, the one on the ASC appointment notice is the one that you need in order to check your status online.

You need to submit the I-751 and evidence showing that the marriage was entered in good faith. They are interested in evidence during the last two years since you got your GC.

Seeing that you live in CT, you will need to submit your I-751, check, and evidence to the Vermont Service Center in St. Albans, VT. Shortly after you submit your paperwork, you will receive a receipt that serves as a one-year extension for your GC. With this letter and your GC you are still allowed to work and travel. My wife has traveled at least twice internationally with this letter and GC with no issues. About a week or so after getting the letter you will get a appointment notice to appear at ASC to be fingerprinted and have your picture taken. Then the waiting game begins. We filed the paperwork in early Jan for a March card expiration date and still haven't heard on the status of the case. Based on my calculations we should be hearing any day now. Also, for some reason, the receipt number on the extension letter and the ASC appointment notice are different, however, the one on the ASC appointment notice is the one that you need in order to check your status online.

Thanks!! We used an attorney when we filled for my husband's GC and I just found out that the office wants another $1000 to remove conditions, which I feel is a little extreme. (It was about $5000 for the his GC with a lawyer coming to the interview). Any ideas if using a lawyer is advantageous for this process??

Thanks!! We used an attorney when we filled for my husband's GC and I just found out that the office wants another $1000 to remove conditions, which I feel is a little extreme. (It was about $5000 for the his GC with a lawyer coming to the interview). Any ideas if using a lawyer is advantageous for this process??

We did not used an attorney for either the original GC or filling the I-751. For both processes, I printed the instructions and took a black pen and a highlighter. I read the instructions and used the black pen to cross out sections that are not relevant to us, and the highlighter to highlight evidence needed or important points. By doing that process, I learned that my we needed to file at the time we filed the I-485 additional forms since my wife had a non-immigrant G-4 visa at the time. When we went for the GC interview, my wife (the immigrant) asked the IO as we were walking out how did I (me, her husband) do in organizing the case. The IO said it was one of the easiest cases since everything was fully explained.

Thank You dhluna. I wonder why this should be taking this long to have the form processed. It looks as this stage takes longer than time it takes to do allothers combine. By the time I get the approval hopefully, it will be time to file for citizenship. I would have thaught that if they have a lot of work to do, they should have just send some to California to process. A friend of mine filed about the same time in California and already got the approval almost 3 months ago.

Your Welcome!

Ideally it would be nice if Vermont forwarded cases onto other service centers in order to spread the load. All we can do now is wait. I have signed up on USCIS website to get both text and email messages when there are any updates. I also check their website at least 3 times a day. However, to throw another issue in there, my wife and I are moving this week and we filed online the AR-11 and the change of address for the I-751 on Sunday night.

dhlunar,
Please update your thread when your wife receives her GC since we filed in the month and I will do the same.
Goodluck to both of us.