I-751, conditional permanent residence processing! Please Help!

Dhsriniva

I am married to a US citizen and filed and was approved for conditional green card in Feb 00. I submitted the I 751 application to remove conditional status to the Vermont Service Center in January of 2002. The check was cashed and I received a receipt ackowledgement letter which mentioned that I should contact the service center if I had not heard from them in a year. The receipt also gave a number to contact to check the status of my case.
I tried this number app. 2 months ago, however the automated system says that my case file cannot be found based on the receipt number listed on the letter! Would anyone know what this might mean?? COuld they have misplaced my file? If so what are my options? I tried to call the service center during business hours to speak to someone in person but the line is always busy. I also wrote them a letter and sent it return receipt regarding this issue about a month ago and although I received notification of delivery from the Postal Service I have not heard anything from the INS.
IS there anything I can do? I am getting extremely nervous since my conditional green card expires in February! If anyone out there has any suggestions, please advice!!

Thanks a million in advance
Dharini

i summit my I-751 FORMS on may 07 2002 and call to find out the status of my aplication and got the same response as yours, i think this is normal, i have a friend who said his took about a year and half to complete, if you have any news about your case please post, thanks

It's not normal but it happens fairly frequently. I'd call and speak to an IIO to make sure everything was on track and see if the message could be corrected.

helo! i think im in the same situation also BUT my husband and i filed the forms last july 2002 and received receipt (small thin yellow slip)july 2002 also.my question is now is december 2002 and i still dont have the schedule for fingerprinting nor interview.whats the next step after receiving EAD?how long did u wait for fingerprinting and interview?im here in NY and processing my case by INS-VSC.i hope you could help me...........

Thanks a lot for your advice everyone. I feel a little better now!
Regarding your question about my experience Vioxx, my case was transferred to Hartford CT office after I filed the I 485 from the KC, Missouri office. I think the situation is a little different there. I finished my fingerprinting and received the EAD on the same day that I submitted my forms ( in May of 1999. I moved to CT in September of 1999 and got my file transferred over to the Hartford, CT INS office in October of 1999. The green card interview took place in February of 2000 and I received my conditional green card in March or April of 2000.

I hope that helps!!

Take care and thanks once more for all the responses! I will keep you posted if I hear anything about my case!

Good Luck!

Dharini

dear dsharvinia

was the fingerprinting you're talking about was when the day you applied for the EAD?Coz they have you fingerprinted on the EAD card with your right index finger.was that it????

vioxx, you have to take a fingerprint for background check for FBI just before your interview for AOS, the fingerprint your take for EAD is a different one, my conditional green card just expire and i just summit my forms for removal of the conditional card

Fsilva27

oh i see....did you still remember when you received the fingerprinting date???how long do i have to wait for that after filing??wow,good for you coz you're in the stage of removing the conditional status.......

after a summit the I-130 and I-485 , took about 4 MONTHS for the EAD and 15 months for the fingerprints ( FBI fingerprints, background check) and a month later the big interview.this was done in new jersey

I've similar experience on I-751 wait @VSC!
CPR was Mar 00
I-751 filed 12-22-01
Online & phone system says case status NOT found - any cause for concern? My attorney seems clueless.
I'd Congressman's office contact in 10-02 & INS said just usual backlog. Now their priority dt = 1/07/02 so perhaps VSC is looking at it finally? VSC seems 6 mo's behind other SC's on I-751?
Anyone know why?

Well - i'm told i can proceed to apply for N400 even without I-751? Is that true? Can you get Nat without permanent GC?
Thanks all -

emote,

In response to your last question, yes you can file an N-400 as soon as you are eligible, even if you have not yet received an adjudication to your I-751 petition. However, if this is the case, your N-400 will be entered into the INS system, but will be placed on hold until a decision on your I-751 has been made.

Hope this helps.

vibro.