I-751 Approved - Condition on GC Removed

samira_jung

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Wanted to share some good news, i jut got a letter from the INS saying that they have removed the condition on my green card - thereby making me a permanent "permanent resident" !! The letter has asked me to go to my local service center (for me Fed plaza in NY) and get my passport endorsed to reflect this ....and in addition take 3 passport size photos...so they can mail the physical card to me.

Go give you an idea of how long the process is taking - I sent in my I-751 application on June 2002, then got fingerprinted in about 2-3 months after that ...I forget the exact date.

I received an extension letter - saying that I am travel and work authorized in July 2002 for an additional yr and then again in Aug 2003..again for another year.

And now I finally recd my letter of approval in April 2004. So the whole process has taken a little short of 2 years.

So for all those folks that are waiting ....hang on - there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :D

Hope this info helps.
Samira

congratulations.
could you apply for citizenship 3 years after your conditional green card? if could, you might get citizenship before permanent one :)

ya I have applied for citizenship already !! I applied last year July (2003)...when i called them they said that they are currently processing Jan 2003. SO I am guessing that I have to wait at least 6 mo before there is any movement on that.

thanks anywys for the tip....